5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration steering wheel shake

brettguercio

Reaction score
Anyone else having a vibration issue at highway speeds also steering wheel turning its self from left to right around 40 mph turning ? My 19 did this ram could never fix it now my 21 with 8k started doing it today

Dirt_McGirt8732

Reaction score
Yes, my ‘19 Limited does this. I’m planning on taking it to the dealership soon to have it looked at. I’m almost certain the dealer will try to blame it on my level or tires.

Dirt_McGirt8732

Reaction score
I’m gonna take it in next week, I’ll report back with what happens. For me, the wheel vibration starts at about 45. It’s like a back and forth shimmy almost. Sometimes it’s worse than other times and its also intermittent. I’d say it’s there 85% of the time though. The truck vibration I can start to feel north of 50 and as I gain speed the wheel vibration smooths out but the truck vibration gets worse. Feels like the whole truck is vibrating and I can see it in the dash and side mirrors, as well as objects in the interior. It almost feels like it is 2 separate issues. One with the steering components and another with either the suspension or driveline.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone else having a vibration issue at highway speeds also steering wheel turning its self from left to right around 40 mph turning ? My 19 did this ram could never fix it now my 21 with 8k started doing it today
I’m gonna take it in next week, I’ll report back with what happens. For me, the wheel vibration starts at about 45. It’s like a back and forth shimmy almost. Sometimes it’s worse than other times and its also intermittent. I’d say it’s there 85% of the time though. The truck vibration I can start to feel north of 50 and as I gain speed the wheel vibration smooths out but the truck vibration gets worse. Feels like the whole truck is vibrating and I can see it in the dash and side mirrors, as well as objects in the interior. It almost feels like it is 2 separate issues. One with the steering components and another with either the suspension or driveline.

Hello @brettguercio and @Dirt_McGirt8732. We are sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns! We understand if you both would prefer to continue troubleshooting in this thread, but if you decide to work with your dealer, please feel free to contact our team via PM. We would love to help.

Hannah
Ram Cares

#1MOPAR

Reaction score
Hello @brettguercio and @Dirt_McGirt8732. We are sorry to hear about your vehicle concerns! We understand if you both would prefer to continue troubleshooting in this thread, but if you decide to work with your dealer, please feel free to contact our team via PM. We would love to help.

Hannah
Ram Cares
I experienced the same issue with my steering wheel literally shifting left and right repeatedly for about 2-3 minutes tonight while driving about 45mph. It’s a 2019. It’s never happened before but was very obvious. My son could see the steering wheel moving. Has anyone has luck finding out what it is?

brettguercio

Reaction score

Hannah
Ram Cares
How can u help when my 19 ram had the same issue and rams/ chryslers response was its normal?

Users who are viewing this thread