5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very Hot Shifter Knob

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Temps were in the upper 90s earlier in the week, and when I got in the truck to shift the knob from park to drive, I swear I nearly burned my hand! That plastic can get d##m hot! I've known knobs to get hot from time to time, like volume knobs, etc. It must be because the shifter knob is so large, and the sun must have entered the truck at the right angle to heat up the dash where the shifter was. But wow, that was not expected. Just curious if anyone else has nearly burned themselves on any of these knobs?

whetrick1

Reaction score
Nope I haven't had that problem yet and southeast Alabama Temps have been staying in the 90's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MQQSE

Reaction score
Do you use a sun screen in your windshield?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Temps were in the upper 90s earlier in the week, and when I got in the truck to shift the knob from park to drive, I swear I nearly burned my hand! That plastic can get d##m hot! I've known knobs to get hot from time to time, like volume knobs, etc. It must be because the shifter knob is so large, and the sun must have entered the truck at the right angle to heat up the dash where the shifter was. But wow, that was not expected. Just curious if anyone else has nearly burned themselves on any of these knobs?
Never noticed it.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I have not had that, even with the triple digits this summer...but I use a screen to block the sun in the windshie6

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread