5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vararam Shroud Cut-out (template)

ToyjoHa

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good example of how to cut the shroud as the final step of the Air-Graber install? I am looking for a clean professional looking trim. Best picture wins!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I basically just did a wedge shape outside the edges of the Vararam gasket down to right above the top of the RAM on the shroud. Then I put in 2 small spacers to keep the airflow gap intact. Don't have a picture, but I can go get one if the explanation wasn't clear enough.

ToyjoHa

Reaction score
I basically just did a wedge shape outside the edges of the Vararam gasket down to right above the top of the RAM on the shroud. Then I put in 2 small spacers to keep the airflow gap intact. Don't have a picture, but I can go get one if the explanation wasn't clear enough.
Can take a picture please?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pictures aren't great. Truck gets parked about 6" from my fence so I couldn't get a good one from a few feet back from the front.

Attachments

• Vararam1.jpg
    Vararam1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Vararam2.jpg
    Vararam2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 72

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s how I cut mine.

Attachments

• AF2D80D2-3B6B-439D-9C3A-790693A81F0D.jpeg
    AF2D80D2-3B6B-439D-9C3A-790693A81F0D.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 73

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s how I cut mine.
Yeah I may do that if I notice any performance/temp issues this summer. Right now it seems to still be pulling enough air with how mine is cut and spaced. There's about a 1/2"-3/4" gap from my spacers, and I took the top 2 shutters out of the AGS.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I may do that if I notice any performance/temp issues this summer. Right now it seems to still be pulling enough air with how mine is cut and spaced. There's about a 1/2"-3/4" gap from my spacers, and I took the top 2 shutters out of the AGS.
I completely deleted my shutters/assembly

ToyjoHa

Reaction score
Pictures aren't great. Truck gets parked about 6" from my fence so I couldn't get a good one from a few feet back from the front.
It looks great, but I live on a tropical island, so I need as much cold air that can be produced by my speed.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is probably how that I am going to do it, but I was hoping to save the "RAM", but I guess I will have to sacrifice the RAM. (LOL, get it? sacrifice the lamb.)

I see what ewe did there.....lol

Users who are viewing this thread