5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V6 Laramie Build Options

T_Strey5

Reaction score
I want to start by saying thank you to everyone that created, supports, and participates in this forum. I've gained so much useful knowledge by following in along the past 8 months. It's only by what others have posted that I have the confidence to make such a huge purchase (for me at least) and know it'll be a fully informed one. That being said, without this forum I would not know that I CAN, after all, order a Laramie trim with the 3.6L Pentastar V6. But as everyone already knows, the Ram build site for us normal folks doesn't reflect that and therefore doesn't allow any idea of what options are not available without choosing the premium engine.

So I went to a dealership today to try and get more answers, as I am ready to buy. I immediately felt better about my salesman when he didn't argue or doubt that the 3.6 was available for all trim levels and he didn't make any effort to sway me to the V8. He was very willing to speak with the inventory manager to see what options could indeed be added. According to his inventory manager, all options were still available to be added with the exception of the off road package and the power steps. I was sad to see I couldn't have the off road package; even though I know I can still add the locking rear axle and skid plates individually but I thought the one inch lift was a good compromise between feeling like my truck wasn't "stock" height while not damaging MPG too badly. I was most worried about not being able to add the sport appearance package, pano roof, and either level I/II (still undecided there).

I hope what I'm passing along will help others and most importantly is accurate, since I wasn't the one at the computer selecting options or even directly involved in the conversation (it would be a terrible way to start my first post on this forum...or any forum for that matter). If anyone has more information to add or correct I'd love to know what other things people are hearing. Maybe one of the dealers on here can provide support/clarity.

P.S. he did mention something about a hold on ordering Ramboxes that showed on the computer. Based on the other threads I was surprised that ordering was back on halt.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s safe to say that not everyone needs all that the new Ram offers and I for one love having options. For me I really only needed three things to convince me to buy. If not for my wife being as short as she is, I wouldn’t be in the truck that I am. Did they happen to mention how long before that particular truck would be built ?

gatorhwk

Reaction score
I'm looking at a Laramie v6 as well. What's your understanding of the sport appearance group's hood for the v6? Is it the same hood that comes with the v8?

I'm kinda bummed the v6 drops the straight back dual exhaust tips for a single pipe behind the right rear. It really changes the look enough for me to consider the hemi over my desire for decent mpg.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I saw that also and it’s the dual rear out exhaust that to me adds to the look.

T_Strey5

Reaction score
I saw that also and it’s the dual rear out exhaust that to me adds to the look.
Yeah I wonder how the single pipe will look. I figure I new exhaust setup is easier than buying/painting the new hood and bumpers.

T_Strey5

Reaction score
I'm looking at a Laramie v6 as well. What's your understanding of the sport appearance group's hood for the v6? Is it the same hood that comes with the v8?

I'm kinda bummed the v6 drops the straight back dual exhaust tips for a single pipe behind the right rear. It really changes the look enough for me to consider the hemi over my desire for decent mpg.
I imagine the hood won’t be any different, minus the badging. What would be nice is if Ram would simply update their consumer build site.

T_Strey5

Reaction score
It’s safe to say that not everyone needs all that the new Ram offers and I for one love having options. For me I really only needed three things to convince me to buy. If not for my wife being as short as she is, I wouldn’t be in the truck that I am. Did they happen to mention how long before that particular truck would be built ?
We didn’t really talk time frame because I’m not sure I want one of the first batch of E-torque V6’s. He did mention the V6’s they have ordered for dealer stock are in D status so it’ll be awhile till they have any to even test drive.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Yes that build site is just crazy, it’s definitely something that will cause you to get grey hair ha ha .

gatorhwk

Reaction score
We didn’t really talk time frame because I’m not sure I want one of the first batch of E-torque V6’s. He did mention the V6’s they have ordered for dealer stock are in D status so it’ll be awhile till they have any to even test drive.

Yeah ... My dealer said 6-8 weeks before v6s landed on his lot.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
PICT0004.JPG

This is a view of my 2014 but the 2019's probably look the same.

T_Strey5

Reaction score
View attachment 4114

This is a view of my 2014 but the 2019's probably look the same.
Thanks for the pic, yeah I’m pretty sure it’s the same based on some pics of trucks in the waiting lot that got posted a couple weeks back. It’s a shame, but I guess that’s the cost for not getting the cool kid engine.

gatorhwk

Reaction score
Reviving the V6 single exhaust topic ... any chance anything below a Laramie gets side exhaust and Laramie on up get the dual pipes? Fingers crossed for the latter ...

T_Strey5

Reaction score
Reviving the V6 single exhaust topic ... any chance anything below a Laramie gets side exhaust and Laramie on up get the dual pipes? Fingers crossed for the latter ...
That would be nice. Unfortunately I remember someone had posted photos from the SHAP parking lot showing limited trims having the side pipe. This was the first sign the V6 was actually going to be available for the higher trims.

Tried to find the pics but it was well over a month ago and can’t remember the thread.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks @devildodge and @T_Strey5 strey5! I'm all about MPG, but I honestly don't think I can settle for the side pipe. Guess I'll plan on swapping the bumper and adding dual pipes ... or get a Hemi.
There was talk before about the V6 getting the dual exhaust...and I think that is the case with the Rebel...heck even the tradesman can be optioned with the dual exhaust (probably not v6 thoughl, so I would think the limited or Laramie could/would be too.

gatorhwk

Reaction score
There was talk before about the V6 getting the dual exhaust...and I think that is the case with the Rebel...heck even the tradesman can be optioned with the dual exhaust (probably not v6 thoughl, so I would think the limited or Laramie could/would be too.

... so you're saying there's a chance ... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread