5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using voice command for navigation?

Roddog2220

Reaction score
The dammed thing never understands what I want,its just easier to pull over and input the data,but would be so nice if FCA would just consider for a moment most of us have passenger riding shotgun who could input while not having to pull over!
waze at least asks if your a passender, hell yes I am, NOT

Roddog2220

Reaction score
The dammed thing never understands what I want,its just easier to pull over and input the data,but would be so nice if FCA would just consider for a moment most of us have passenger riding shotgun who could input while not having to pull over!

so yours works, when I hit the microphone button nothing happens, ugggg

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you following the prompts outlined in the manual?
Can you tell me where the info on voice commands for NAV can be found? Appreciate any help. I cant seem to get the voice commands to work for the NAV.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Can you tell me where the info on voice commands for NAV can be found? Appreciate any help. I cant seem to get the voice commands to work for the NAV.
Mine works just like my 2013 uconnect. The nav command is "navigate to" then number,street,city and full state name (no abbreviations). Works very well and finds the correct address 95 outta 100 times.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score

A couple places.

1) Most all of the manuals should be available within the Uconnect system. Hit the Apps button and then look for the Vehicle User Information app, or some such name like that. After opening, look for an entry called Radio, Phone, Navigation, or some such name like that.

2) Uconnect publishes the more thorough operating manuals separate from the vehicle user manual. You should be able to find it as a pdf here: http://e.driveuconnect.com/support/ramtrucks/
I did a quick look and was only able to find the Quick Guide: http://e.driveuconnect.com/pdf/UconnectVoiceCommands.pdf

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The "driveuconnect" website appears to be way behind. The newest Ram truck you can select is 2017.

Try here instead: https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us/care/owners-manual.html?openGarage=true

Register and create an account. Sign in and scroll to the bottom of the page. Under the heading called Resources, select Owner's Manuals.

You should see a screen like below where you can grab the full Uconnect manual as a pdf from the Additional Resources section.

2019-01-06 12_47_10-Window.png

Last edited:

cjmst23

Reaction score
A couple places.

1) Most all of the manuals should be available within the Uconnect system. Hit the Apps button and then look for the Vehicle User Information app, or some such name like that. After opening, look for an entry called Radio, Phone, Navigation, or some such name like that.

2) Uconnect publishes the more thorough operating manuals separate from the vehicle user manual. You should be able to find it as a pdf here: http://e.driveuconnect.com/support/ramtrucks/
I did a quick look and was only able to find the Quick Guide: http://e.driveuconnect.com/pdf/UconnectVoiceCommands.pdf
Also in the MY MOPAR app on Android / Apple. See the manual icon below.
Screenshot_20190106-124404.png

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The "driveuconnect" website appears to be way behind. The newest Ram truck you can select is 2017.

Try here instead: https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us/care/owners-manual.html?openGarage=true

Register and create an account. Sign in and scroll to the bottom of the page. Under the heading called Resources, select Owner's Manuals.

You should see a screen like below where you can grab the full Uconnect manual as a pdf from the Additional Resources section.

View attachment 12902
Many thanks.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine works just like my 2013 uconnect. The nav command is "navigate to" then number,street,city and full state name (no abbreviations). Works very well and finds the correct address 95 outta 100 times.
Tried the navigate to. Doesn't work. Keeps asking who I want to call. I actually got it to work today just saying an address. Crazy.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Tried the navigate to. Doesn't work. Keeps asking who I want to call. I actually got it to work today just saying an address. Crazy.
Crazy that it's not consistent.... It's sw, should be same once we've all been flashed with the update in late January (assuming they hit the scheduled update)

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 12902
I see this is for the Durango. I get this when I try to get info for the 2019 Ram 1500 , "We are unable to process your request. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crazy that it's not consistent.... It's sw, should be same once we've all been flashed with the update in late January (assuming they hit the scheduled update)
Yeah. I've always tried to use commands that you would think work but they don't. I was out of town today and just said "home" and it actually worked. No other command just the word home. Weird. On a different note, I used the send and go today and loved it. Very cool feature.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Yeah. I've always tried to use commands that you would think work but they don't. I was out of town today and just said "home" and it actually worked. No other command just the word home. Weird. On a different note, I used the send and go today and loved it. Very cool feature.
Yep, send n go is great...that and remote start are only features of mobile app worth having.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Just tried it 2 minutes ago.... "navigate to..." worked perfectly. Strange

Users who are viewing this thread