5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Borla optional resonator on non-Borla exhaust

Grayman5752

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has used the optional Borla resonator 60667 to quiet down an exhaust that is not a Borla system? There are warnings saying it is not meant for OEM or competitor systems but I would think that has more to do with marketing than anything. I know there is a lot that goes into tuning an exhaust system for sound and volume though.

The install shows cutting out the front resonator and putting this in its place, using the factory piping.

I installed a Solo Performance QR300 muffler a few weeks ago. I love the sound of it, but it is just a tad too loud (especially on cold start), even though the QR is their quietest option. I was thinking of installing this Borla resonator to knock the volume down one more notch.

Thoughts?

popcenator

Reaction score
Only one way to find out. Go for it. Worst case you just have the stock one welded back in. I can't imagine it won't sound fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

popcenator

Reaction score
Definitely let us know if you do. I'm curious as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread