5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB/CarPlay doesn’t work when real hot

leonandlisa

Reaction score
So I have an intermittent issue, at work my truck sits in the sun, Vegas has been like 110 so cab is roasting. So when I leave work, the USBs on the dash don’t work, doesn’t register when I plug in to charge or for CarPlay. The next day after sitting all night it works as normal. It has happened several times now, anyone else experience this?

Alexxmackk

Reaction score
So I have an intermittent issue, at work my truck sits in the sun, Vegas has been like 110 so cab is roasting. So when I leave work, the USBs on the dash don’t work, doesn’t register when I plug in to charge or for CarPlay. The next day after sitting all night it works as normal. It has happened several times now, anyone else experience this?

This happens to me as well. As I live in Vegas too. I figured it was a safety feature but I wonder the same thing as you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leonandlisa

Reaction score
Ok I will take to dealer, I will let you know what they say. My TPMS is failing again too now.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I live in Chandler, AZ and it gets pretty roasty in here too. Never experienced anything like that...

Alexxmackk

Reaction score
Ok I will take to dealer, I will let you know what they say. My TPMS is failing again too now.

Ok sounds good please let me know what they tell you Incase I need to take mine in as well

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

leonandlisa

Reaction score
Thanks RamCares, I have it at Dealer now, they are still troubleshooting the TPMS issues, but they so far have replaced the fan on the seat vent and have a module on order that they say is the cause of the USBs on the dash and carplay not to work when in the heat. I wont have any part numbers or anything until I pick it up, so hopefully before the weekend I can update this update.

RamCares

Reaction score
Thanks RamCares, I have it at Dealer now, they are still troubleshooting the TPMS issues, but they so far have replaced the fan on the seat vent and have a module on order that they say is the cause of the USBs on the dash and carplay not to work when in the heat. I wont have any part numbers or anything until I pick it up, so hopefully before the weekend I can update this update.

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything!

Alison
RamCares

grokdesigns

Reaction score
Having the same issue with my 2020 Rebel out in AZ! Have an appointment scheduled with the dealer for Monday.

leonandlisa

Reaction score
So I have had the truck at the dealer for over a week and the audio module that controls the front usb and CarPlay keeps getting pushed back on the delivery date so I picked up my truck today. They will call me back when the part shows up. I don’t know if it a common issue but they knew what to order when I explained what was happening. I will update with a part number when it finally shows up.

2019 Ram 1500 cc Laramie Tapatalk

Yanser

Reaction score
My CarPlay is not dependable at all. Nothing to do with temperature. Sometimes it works well, other times it will play but with limited functions (steering wheel controls and other manual controls don't work). Other times it just straight up does not want to work. Completely ignores my phone and the USB doesn't charge. Will never select this option again.

kosoku

Reaction score
I have the issue where it is as if the phone is plugged in at all. I'm in Ohio - happened yesterday but was only in the low 80's - not sure its heat dependent for me.

RamCares

Reaction score
My CarPlay is not dependable at all. Nothing to do with temperature. Sometimes it works well, other times it will play but with limited functions (steering wheel controls and other manual controls don't work). Other times it just straight up does not want to work. Completely ignores my phone and the USB doesn't charge. Will never select this option again.
I have the issue where it is as if the phone is plugged in at all. I'm in Ohio - happened yesterday but was only in the low 80's - not sure its heat dependent for me.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

leonandlisa

Reaction score
So they replaced the media hub that was causing the issue wit front USB ports not working, part #68397098AE. IT is has only been a day but hopefully it works now, even with the heat, mine only failed on hot days.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
So they replaced the media hub that was causing the issue wit front USB ports not working, part #68397098AE. IT is has only been a day but hopefully it works now, even with the heat, mine only failed on hot days.

Old thread but did you ever get this resolved permanently?

Users who are viewing this thread