5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upper glovebox light defective?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been meaning to post this but I kept on forgetting. Does anyone else have this issue. I'm not sure if the light is supposed to stay on or if the glove box lid is defective and crooked, allowing it to leak light through the bottom. I have the 19 rebel. I'm not sure if it's worth taking to the dealer or finding a way to seal the light myself lol

Attachments

• 20181011_000220.jpg
    20181011_000220.jpg
    935.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20181011_000206.jpg
    20181011_000206.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 92
  • 20181011_000212.jpg
    20181011_000212.jpg
    989 KB · Views: 91

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I've seen a similar post here recently with the same issue. I will see if I can find it

Duane

Reaction score
I've been meaning to post this but I kept on forgetting. Does anyone else have this issue. I'm not sure if the light is supposed to stay on or if the glove box lid is defective and crooked, allowing it to leak light through the bottom. I have the 19 rebel. I'm not sure if it's worth taking to the dealer or finding a way to seal the light myself lol

I've been wondering the same thing......there is a fairly wide lighted gap at that upper glove-box door. I was thinking maybe by design (as a part of the lower courtesey illumination) , but maybe not.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing......there is a fairly wide lighted gap at that upper glove-box door. I was thinking maybe by design (as a part of the lower courtesey illumination) , but maybe not.
I'm thinking the sensor is bad because why would u always want to have a light on? Unless ram dropped the ball on it and forgot to add a sensor or something lol

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie has the same problem. There is a switch under the top glovebox cover that turns the light on and off when opening and closing. The switch becomes misaligned and the light stays on . If you slam the glovebox shut pushing on the center lip then it may turn off; but it only takes a good bump to turn it back on. This is a case of a defective switch. Mine will be going in for this to be repaired under warranty along with a long list of other problems. I love the truck but the quality is horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread