5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upholstery Shampooer Recommendations?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
We took the pickup on a lengthy trip last week. I managed to drop some crumbs despite being super careful. I brushed things off as well as I could. (Luckily, I was passenger at the time) At the next stop I carefully inspected things. I got lucky. Nothing got ground in. But I may not be so lucky in the future. And when I washed the truck after we got home I wondered about the cloth upholstery. Maybe vacuuming isn't enough.

My wife needs Christmas ideas... so I've been thinking.... and I'm wondering if anyone has one of those handheld upholstery shampooers and does it work and do you recommend it or is there another one you wished you bought instead?

Cajun_

Reaction score
color guard makes the best leather cleaner and conditioner. If you need to remove a stain ammo has something for it specifically but i cant remember the name of it.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Check out Bissell SpotClean Pro. It's not exactly a "shampooer", it's an extractor. Use an upholstery cleaner and a drill brush, then use extractor. Extractors don't use soap - the goal is to "extract" the soap from the carpet fibers - you shouldn't leave soap behind after cleaning. There are extractor additives that help with the rinsing process, minimize foaming during extraction, and leave a pleasant smell.

Users who are viewing this thread