5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading Wheels & Tires

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Package without air suspension. The truck came with factory 22x9 wheels and 285/45R22 tires. I’m not at all happy with the curb look. They’re pretty much low profile tires. I’m looking for an aggressive looking tall tire.

Can anyone tell me the largest tire I can mount on these wheels if I upgrade to a 2” leveler kit. I definitely do not want to deal with any rub.

I’ll probably also replace the wheels. Should I drop down to 20’s? I prefer not to, but can.

Regardless, I want the most tire that can fit without an actual lift kit or well mods.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Here you go

Thanks Boa24.

I’m unfortunately not finding the answer there. That site is a little cumbersome when I look from my phone. Maybe I’m missing it.

Does anyone know if Mopar makes a leveling kit for the 2019 5th Gens?

Also, my question is still out there. I definitely want to fill up the wells with larger tires without rub.

My OP above has the details of what I’m looking to do. Still hoping for answers.

Thanks for the help.

LuckyWelds

Reaction score
There are a bunch of posts in here about what size tires and wheels will fit.
I'd suggest searching the forum.
Also the link that was posted has a ton of pics of Rams with different sized wheels and or tire combos.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Pick you wheels before your tires IF you plan to swap out the stock set up.
Also make sure you are looking at the signature for who has what truck. Apparently different trims have different offset wheels. My LLH had 0 offset from the factory on a similar 20x9 set up according to discount tire and I think they are correct considering the wheel I went with. That being said I could have fit a little more tire under there, BUT I decided to go with a -19 offset on a 20x10 so I will not likely fit a lot of rubber under the truck without a level.
Since you're looking at a level I would bet you could push a true 33 under it without much trouble. Final suggestion...the brand and purpose of the tire matter in appearance. Take a NITTO ridge grappler or a BFG in the same size and look at it compared to a factory tire and you would be surprised at the change in the look.
Bottom line there are a number of factors and I think the right one is out there for you but details need to be determined first. Good luck!

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Not a cop out, but most of us here spent countless hours, (or weeks/months for me) browsing posts and custom offset site in order to make an informed decision. The answers are within and you may find options you were not considering by carefully reading/researching past posts.

Reaction score
Not a cop out, but most of us here spent countless hours, (or weeks/months for me) browsing posts and custom offset site in order to make an informed decision. The answers are within and you may find options you were not considering by carefully reading/researching past posts.

Thanks for the reply, I don’t want to come off wrong, but I have searched every thread here and elsewhere. I cannot find a definitive answer to the question of what’s the largest 22” wheel and tire combo (with the addition) of a 2” leveler kit on my now stock suspension 2019 Ram 1500. I am looking at 285/55/R22’s to replace my stock 285/45/R22’s. The tire obviously will be larger, but the truck will also be leveled, so will they basically look the same, just leveled?

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
You may have already looked at these items and .....they may not be what you are looking for as I am new to the lift/level etc of trucks. I have viewed customwheeloffset.com a many of times, so hopefully that can help a bit.

Try this website as you can see what has been done and adjust the size/lift kit etc...:

Again, may not apply but look good and 22"s (perhaps they can help....just loved the video)

rceagle1a

Reaction score
Has anybody had these tires, reviews are good actually.

Attachments

• 050A5CF1-6FEC-4F6E-B06D-42F637FDC861.png
    050A5CF1-6FEC-4F6E-B06D-42F637FDC861.png
    326 KB · Views: 78
  • 35CCAA38-7A6A-433A-819A-B21736741E28.png
    35CCAA38-7A6A-433A-819A-B21736741E28.png
    319 KB · Views: 77
  • B11FC5C5-9A99-42F3-8121-21058EC339DC.png
    B11FC5C5-9A99-42F3-8121-21058EC339DC.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 71

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Wow I watched the review videos on you tube I doubt I’ll buy those now.
They actually got my interest in a positive manner. I have worked around planes....those landings are crazy impactful (obviously different specs) but for truck tire....got me interested.

I try to really get quality for things like---bed, shoes, tires. Like you, I want to hear those personal opinions on here of those that have tried them???

Reaction score
You may have already looked at these items and .....they may not be what you are looking for as I am new to the lift/level etc of trucks. I have viewed customwheeloffset.com a many of times, so hopefully that can help a bit.

Try this website as you can see what has been done and adjust the size/lift kit etc...:

Again, may not apply but look good and 22"s (perhaps they can help....just loved the video)

Zero comes up with my spec. 22”x9” with 2” Leveler.

Maybe you all might know if just the aggressive look of say a Nitto would look better even though just a tad bigger than my factory 285/45R2’s.

Reaction score

Man... I know I’m going to get a lot of pushback... as if I’m not doing the work, but I swear I’m really trying and trust you guys that have been there. 5Th Gen just doesn’t seem to have a lot of 22” options when trying to fill up the well with a agressive tires. Zero comes up with my spec. 22”x9” with 2” Leveler. I do find a lot of 285/45R22’s, but that’s what I’m replacing. My dealer is a super guy and he talked to Ram R&D and they suggested the leveler (2”) with the 285/55R22. No rub or mod (other than the leveler). Problem is, I raise the front 2” but only gain about 2” of tire. Maybe it’ll be what looking for, just seems counter productive when spending $4-5k on wheels, tires and a leveler.

Maybe you all might know if just the aggressive look of say a Nitto would look better even though just a tad bigger than my factory 285/45R2’s.

So there’s some belief in my efforts, I will post before and after pics once I do figure something out.

Flamebroker

Reaction score
Thanks Boa24.

I’m unfortunately not finding the answer there. That site is a little cumbersome when I look from my phone. Maybe I’m missing it.

Does anyone know if Mopar makes a leveling kit for the 2019 5th Gens?

Also, my question is still out there. I definitely want to fill up the wells with larger tires without rub.

My OP above has the details of what I’m looking to do. Still hoping for answers.

Thanks for the help.

Actually Boa24, I found this site to be exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread