5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded to new Iphone 12 Pro max, Carplay sounds terrible

marcd118

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my iphone to the new 12 pro max. I noticed when I am on carplay and make a call the quality is horrible. When I call my wife, she says the sound on my end is horrible and it echos. I didn't have this problem with my old phone. Anyone else have this problem?

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I had the same issue when I was talking on the phone ober bluetooth, and battery was almost dead so while talking I plug the cable and it switches from bluetooth to carplay and people said I sounded “far” from the phone. Might not be related at all to your issue, but just wanted to give you it happen to me

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have had my 12 Pro Max for 3 weeks now and zero issues with my truck...and my wireless CarPlay works AWESOME too!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have a 12 Pro Max with zero issues (even using wireless CarPlay).
Have you tried doing a soft-reset?

This applies to iPhone 12/Pro:

1608819538978.png

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same as others...zero issues with iPhone XS, zero issues with iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Note: I did disable 5G on my 12 Pro Max to greatly improve performance. T-mobile’s network (my business line) has very poor 5G connectivity, and I use that network for data. AT&T (my personal eSIM) is solid on both. But even Verizon’s 4G LTE service has proven to outperform their 5G in most markets. You could try limiting your phone to LTE just in case it helps with reception.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I have a 12 and also on t-mobile and no issues with sound nor connectivity (which has nothing to do with the phone and everything to do with where you are).

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 12 and also on t-mobile and no issues with sound nor connectivity (which has nothing to do with the phone and everything to do with where you are).
Exactly. 90+% of the US still has better LTE service than 5G, even in major cities. Mine shows a full-strength 5G signal with T-mobile and can’t even locate me accurately on a map, whereas LTE is fine.

It’s just a matter of time until they beef up the network, but I thought it might be worth trying (for the OP).

Users who are viewing this thread