5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded from a 2019 2x4 Big Horn to a 2020 Fully Loaded Ram Rebel

TritonHDX

Reaction score
Hey all, just found this site. With all the deals going on upgraded to a 2020 Rebel. I got the white two tone with black on the bottom. Not entirely sure how to search for it, but whats the best way to black out the RAM Logo on the grill and the silver bottom of the front bumper?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome , there’s a couple ways , the most popular being vinyl wrap so you can see if you like it after awhile then you can look at something more permanent.

gc88

Reaction score
Plastidip is a cheap and easy way to change it up and reverse if you don't like it.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
is there any way to take the "RAM" letters off the front to plasti dip them, or do you guys just tape it off?

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
is there any way to take the "RAM" letters off the front to plasti dip them, or do you guys just tape it off?
Pretty sure they can be taken off. Probably need a heat gun(if there is adhesive) and/or some panel removal tools to pop them off. You could also check out reflective concepts, they sell pre-cut vinyl overlays for all of the badges on the truck in all kinds of colors.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all, just found this site. With all the deals going on upgraded to a 2020 Rebel. I got the white two tone with black on the bottom. Not entirely sure how to search for it, but whats the best way to black out the RAM Logo on the grill and the silver bottom of the front bumper?
They are snapped in but also have standoffs with clips that are almost impossible to remove even if you had access from behind.

I used a plastic trim to get underneath near standoff, most of the time the clip would unsnap from pressure from trim tool. If it didn't I released the clip u pussing a putty knife from the top or bottom to release clip then apply pressure to letters and the standoff will snap. Only 1 of 6 of the standoffs did the clip slide off the standoff instead of the standoff snapping.

I replaced my letters with the blacked out version. Snapped them in place and also used 3m double sided tape since I wasn't using the clips.

Link to black letters

cf5e37d651ee295e10a7bd325c76836d.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grouper

Reaction score
They are snapped in but also have standoffs with clips that are almost impossible to remove even if you had access from behind.

I used a plastic trim to get underneath near standoff, most of the time the clip would unsnap from pressure from trim tool. If it didn't I released the clip u pussing a putty knife from the top or bottom to release clip then apply pressure to letters and the standoff will snap. Only 1 of 6 of the standoffs did the clip slide off the standoff instead of the standoff snapping.

I replaced my letters with the blacked out version. Snapped them in place and also used 3m double sided tape since I wasn't using the clips.

Link to black letters

cf5e37d651ee295e10a7bd325c76836d.jpg

For those who have removed/replaced the grille letters, if the clips and standoffs break during removal, can the broken bits be removed from the grille?

In other words, is there any plastic left that would impede insertion of the replacement letters?

Last edited:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those who have removed/replace the grille letters, if the clips and standoffs break during removal, can the broken bits be removed from the grille?

In other words, is there any plastic left that would impede insertion of the replacement letters?
You should have no problem, I know on the Rebel the letter mounts are hollow and open from behind on the grill so any broken clips can be removed if you can get behind or just let them fall out on there own. I suspect it is the same on the other trims but don't quote me on that.

Users who are viewing this thread