5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates to vehicle settings I’d like to see

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Regarding for the Limited, I’d like to see separate on/off for driver and passenger side running boards. As my wife always uses them for the passenger side and I’m tall enough to not need them for the driver’s side but either both on or off.

As for the auto tailgate release would like it turned off because it got accidentally pressed while in the garage and almost hit the door.

Anyone else have issues/thoughts?

greatrush2112

Reaction score
Auto door unlock after putting the truck in park. Can't believe that's not an option, unless I'm missing it somewhere. There's auto unlock when the driver door opens, but sometimes my kids escape before I do!!

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They need to speed up the connect app response time.

I would like when on the home screen and you have the navigation as half of it the map screen is larger or more detailed. I figured it would be the same as if it were a regular 8.4 nav since its two 8.4s stacked on top of each other. The navigation is just useless on split screen because they have a bar at the top

Also would like when CarPlay is being used they don't stop showing what the source information is.. No matter if your on sat radio or usb or whatever if CarPlay is active it says CarPlay.

I would like the option to have the Backup camera on top and 360 on bottom of the 12.1 or be able to select two camera views at once.

I think they make bad use of the large screen . basically need to allow for better use of the screen Realestate

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I think as time goes by we will see updates that should allow better functionality in the 12 inch set up. Atleast that is my hope.

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Regarding for the Limited, I’d like to see separate on/off for driver and passenger side running boards. As my wife always uses them for the passenger side and I’m tall enough to not need them for the driver’s side but either both on or off.

As for the auto tailgate release would like it turned off because it got accidentally pressed while in the garage and almost hit the door.

Anyone else have issues/thoughts?

For the tailgate it would be nice to have the rear sensors work to prevent the tailgate deployment if there is something in the way. Of course this only works for those that have the sensors.

cjmst23

Reaction score
- Ability to remove Sirius channels from the lineup (like it actually states you can in the manual)

- the Parksense switches should need to be held for 2 seconds before turning off to avoid accidently bumping them off

- I'll 2nd the inefficient use of real estate on 12"....and split screen. It should not just be a stretched out version of what was on my 8.4 in 2013.... That is the lazy way out

- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc on auto folding mirrors

- front camera should come up when going under 5 mph to assist with parking , especially when the front radar senses something (at least have it as an option)

- should have been a way to order WITHOUT CD player and make better use of that real estate.... Like maybe put physical buttons for seat heat / cool

- while in split screen, the radio display is horrible...Especially in Sirius. All of the presets look the same because the text doesn't fit in the box. They should switch to just having the station numbers in the preset boxes.

- the voice search for POI should actually work

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Front Camera under 5mph is SUPER annoying. It will come on at every redlight and stop sign. In my Charger I have it set up so it comes on when I shift out of drive into reverse or park.

Anyways, I wish you could change auto-on cooled/heated seat temps. 40degrees is just too damn cold for them to start coming on. 60 would be much better.

drsubie

Reaction score
Many good thoughts/suggestions here...

--I'd like to be able to keep the Controls screen (seat heater/vent, side steps deployed, etc...) always ON/be able to have it on lower part of the Uconnect split screen...

--they need to improve the rear camera image when it rains/gets wet (put it in a better/more shielded location)

--I'd like a spot on the dash to be able to mount some switches...

UnLimited

Reaction score
My thoughts

- when you plug in camper, tow mode automatically set

- when towing automatically change one tap turn signal from 3 to 8 or allow driver to update this via settings feature

- double tap climate to turn system off

- enable camera zoom to view the of front tire placement , as you park near curb.

- enable heated seats to heat your bum or your back independently

- auto dim instrument cluster vs headlight switch

- once truck shut off, warning message if your rear window is still open

- once truck is shut off, nav screen button to close all windows and sunroof - or settings to enable all close when key removed

- small low beep when favorite song/artist is on another station

- increase XM favorite count, I think it’s like 20

- increase brightness on the led ‘eyebrows’

Next life cycle update
- HUD display
- storage compartments lights at night
- LED lights under each door to illuminate the side steps when you unlock remotely or open door
- 2 cameras at rear of vehicle to allow side views as you tow in motion

I’m sure I’ll think of more

djwdjw

Reaction score
I don't think it does this, but having an auto-lock option - if you walk away with the key the truck will lock itself up.

My other car does this and has trained my behavior.. I embarrassingly often forget to push the lock button or the fob.

UnLimited

Reaction score
I 2nd the front camera when under 5mph. Hard to tell if im 6 inches from a wall when turning, or 6 millimeters.

I need to actuallybtest how far an object is when the red alert turns on so I know my grace period.

——-
I believe it’s red at 12 inches from impact

I just had the rear brakes save me, as I was backing slowly toward some bushes to park. Hidden was a 6 inch thick round concrete pole. Whew!!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tilt mirrors in reverse should be adjustable and retained in memory

THANK YOU

I came here to say this. As a tall guy, the setting for the tilt mirrors essentially just looks straight at the ground at the rear tires, instead of behind the rear tires, which is where I should be looking while the mirrors are tilted. I've tried setting the memory function / adjusting the mirrors, etc, while they are tilted and it makes no difference. They go to a pre-programmed position, instead of a position RELATIVE to where you have the mirrors normally set for driving forward. To me, this is absurd. I wonder if @RamCares cares?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I suppose, even though I havent done this, but I may try, is have a second setting as another driver, make the mirrors go down to where I want them for reverse.

Then turn off the help option in uconnect.

Then when going to reverse, hit that #2 setting.

Or wait, do we have a #2 setting or am i think of the jeep and the audi?

We have a #2 setting (if you have the memory seats, which I believe are part of the Laramie lvl 2 package). Here's the thing, you have to be completely stopped for the memory system to adjust anything. So it may be a little tedious getting it to switch between "drivers". I like the idea though, if I remember, I'll try it tonight on my way home.

CarRamRod

Reaction score
——-
I believe it’s red at 12 inches from impact

I just had the rear brakes save me, as I was backing slowly toward some bushes to park. Hidden was a 6 inch thick round concrete pole. Whew!!
I 2nd the front camera when under 5mph. Hard to tell if im 6 inches from a wall when turning, or 6 millimeters.

I need to actuallybtest how far an object is when the red alert turns on so I know my grace period.

Here are the actual distance ranges for the ParkSense alerts.
ParkSense.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread