5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates on 12" UConnect 4?

Squatch79

Reaction score
Should I be seeing prompts to install OTA updates on this system? Sorry but this is my first RAM. Sometimes in the mornings I see .jar file notifications on the bottom of the screen. Are these the updates being installed?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sometimes it will notify it, sometimes it will just do it if you aren't driving. And sometimes you never get updates with going to the dealer or calling Uconnect support. It's just a mess.

Oldphart

Reaction score
I just received an email to do a map update on my 2021 with 12" screen. I've had the truck since 3/31/21 and I haven't updated it (unless it received something over the air).

All I know is that it doesn't correctly give me the correct route sometimes.

Has anyone done this update? Results? Price?

Thanks all.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just received an email to do a map update on my 2021 with 12" screen. I've had the truck since 3/31/21 and I haven't updated it (unless it received something over the air).

All I know is that it doesn't correctly give me the correct route sometimes.

Has anyone done this update? Results? Price?

Thanks all.
You will have to pay for map updates, and even then it might not update anything in your area. Which is why most people just plug in phone and use maps from your phone on Android auto or Carplay

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Should I be seeing prompts to install OTA updates on this system? Sorry but this is my first RAM. Sometimes in the mornings I see .jar file notifications on the bottom of the screen. Are these the updates being installed?
I have never received an OTA updated but have manually updated my 12" display twice using update files posted on here

umbighouse

Reaction score
Where are the update files on here? Have a link? I'm on software ver 22.10.16 and App version 39.9.

umbighouse

Reaction score
I thought I was on the current version, but would like to know where the files are for possible future updates. Is there a link? Thank you.

Dstonic

Reaction score
Am I readying this correctly? Uconnect Nav Update is $149.00 to upgrade/update my 2021 Ram 3500 Limited Mega navigation system/map?!?!?!?!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do you update manually?
Download software to computer/laptop. Unzip to USB thumg drive. Plug into USB port on truck, it will automatically update when you turn key to acc.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Is there a link anywhere do download 22.10.16?

Users who are viewing this thread