5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update today

Javerso

Reaction score
Anyone else get an update today? Didn’t check the version number yet. This popped up on my screen as I was shutting off to Goto work.
a867e214fc7907fb342d517cf9d75109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2349f53a6318145aab1e1a4ced3c9b06.jpg

Last edited:

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve gotten 2 of them since owning my truck but nothing in the last few months .

vincentw56

Reaction score
I've owned the truck for over a year and have never got one. Or if I did, it just did it in the background.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Anyone else get an update today? Didn’t check the version number yet. This popped up on my screen as I was shutting off to Goto work.
a867e214fc7907fb342d517cf9d75109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2349f53a6318145aab1e1a4ced3c9b06.jpg
Just did the software update. How do you get the software version page to pop up?

Nova90

Reaction score
Mine flashed a message that it was updating yesterday too

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Nobody has reported a bricked radio, so I guess it's good news.
I was worried for a little while. I didn't read the caution at the bottom of the screen that said the vehicle must be in park with the ignition off. I drove it right after I started the download and the instrument cluster was freaking out. I wasn't sure what was going to happen. 🥵

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Mine updated earlier today. I bought the truck 3 months ago and this is the first one I got so far. It actually kinda freaked me out thinking something was wrong with it when the screen went black lol

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t gotten a single over the air update since I got my truck. I have had the dealer perform a few updates to fix various issues tho.

I had my truck in for service the other day and mentioned that the touch screen has been unresponsive a couple of times since the last update they performed and the tech checked a couple things and decided they would just replace the entire radio even tho it wasn’t frozen up at the time. No eta on radios of course.

firemanjay

Reaction score
Just did the software update. How do you get the software version page to pop up?
You press and hold the 2 outside app icons at the same time for approximately 12 seconds or so, that will br8ng up a page to access the info you seek

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was worried for a little while. I didn't read the caution at the bottom of the screen that said the vehicle must be in park with the ignition off. I drove it right after I started the download and the instrument cluster was freaking out. I wasn't sure what was going to happen. 🥵
Same here. Kept saying that the Cargo 115V Outlet was on. I dont think i even have an outlet in the bed.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On an update a month or so ago, I clicked update and ignored the prompts for the ignition off and went for a drive. The infotainment center was spazzing out for a while, but when the update was done, it rebooted and I was good.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never had an OTA update...like Sasc and being in CAN I wonder if its a Canadian thing?
That’s what I’m thinking. When I had my truck in last time the tech said it wouldn’t or couldn’t be updated? And since it has frozen up on me a single time they ordered a new one, no eta.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had my truck with 12" display for a year and three months, and not once have I ever gotten a message about a software update.

Users who are viewing this thread