5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undercover Ultra Flex fitment w/ factory drop-in bedliner?

75Jimmy

Reaction score
Was curious if anybody has the OEM drop-in bedliner and the Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau. Does everything fit okay? Tailgate open/close properly? Thanks!

RJS

Reaction score
I have the OEM bedliner and the Armorflex on my 19 Laramie. Fit and function are fine and the tailgate works properly. The bedliner has a very rough surface and I needed to track down a couple of leaks in the front corners that only appeared when the truck went through the local high pressure car wash. It took some black silicone on the underneath side to mitigate the issue. Occasionally I'll still see a few drops from the car wash but it's fine in the rain.
The design of any of the covers that set flush with the bed rails requires a fairly complex seal setup at the corners that the covers that set on top of the bed rails don't require making the flush mount more prone to leaks. It's not an Undercover thing from what I see as most flush covers seal similarly. The roughness of the bedliner just exacerbates the issue.

I bought it used as a data point.

Lastly, would I buy the Armorflex again, Yup, in a heart beat, as it has everything I want in a cover and it resists scratching and denting better than any cover I've had.

mblack78

Reaction score
I have the Undercover UltraFlex on my ’19 Rebel with the OEM bedline. I’ve had zero issues and the fit is perfect. The bed stays dry in the rain and only gets a few drops at the car wash. Also the tailgate opens and closes as advertised. Overall, I’m very happy with it

75Jimmy

Reaction score
I have the Undercover UltraFlex on my ’19 Rebel with the OEM bedline. I’ve had zero issues and the fit is perfect. The bed stays dry in the rain and only gets a few drops at the car wash. Also the tailgate opens and closes as advertised. Overall, I’m very happy with it
Thanks for sharing! Any chance you could share a photo? I ordered a new Ultra Flex on black Friday, practically stole it at $740 out the door - 15% off plus $100 rebate. Excited to get it installed, just wanted to double/triple check. My truck has plastic drop in OE liner and Bed Utility Group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/