5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undercover Tonneau Cover Review

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Install was easy, just watch some YouTube videos. I recommend making sure it's unlocked before installing though. The locking bar needs to be 1/8 of an inch below the strike plates. I found this to be about the height of two quarters stacked on top of each other. When measuring the distance from the cab, remember it's safer to error away from the cab so the cover doesn't rub the paint on the tailgate.

I question how secure the locking mechanism is. I wonder if you could push the cover side to side and upwards to force it open with the bar system. Like most covers, probably effective for the lazy criminal but not a determined one.

I think it looks fine, maybe even better than I expected. I wasn't thrilled about the SE looks, especially the "spoiler." It's okay in person. That spoiler does take away some rear view mirror visibility.

The Undercover sticker peels off super easy and unlike the Classic model, you can't tell there was an area designed for the sticker.

Not cheap but it seems durable and waterproof. Two things that were very important to me. It's easy to take on and off after installation. No tools required.

All things considered, I like it and recommend it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_075006977.jpg
    IMG_20200303_075006977.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20200303_074950872.jpg
    IMG_20200303_074950872.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 67

Klute

Reaction score
I had exact cover on my 4th gen (I bought it used and it had it on it). It's a good product but too bulky etc for easy 1-person removal and replacing. I have always had soft tonneau's for this specific reason and got one on my 5th gen.

Users who are viewing this thread