5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect won't store my phonebook

jimi52

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I have my cell phone paired, but Uconnect does not store my contacts from my phone. I had a 2012 Bighorn and once I paired my phone it kept all my contacts. I don't know what is going on, I have contacted Uconnect support and have not been able to resolve the problem. When I have the phone plugged in charging my contacts are there, but disappear when phone is not connected

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I had to call them (contacts) and hang up right away so I could "add" them one by one. They stayed for a while but then were just gone one day so I haven't bothered since.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I figured this out a while back based on a search I found from another that had the same problem.

If your phone is an Android, you need to get "Developer Options" visible in your settings. I don't remember how to do that, but a Google search will provide the steps. After that's visible, go into Developer Options, and scroll down to the Networking section. The last option in Networking is called Bluetooth PBAP. Open that, and change the version from 1.2 to 1.1, Apply the change, then reset it to 1.2 and Apply. The contacts should load into Uconnect after this.

jimi52

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, after contacting uconnect they told me to unpair the phone and then repair it. So far it has worked.

Users who are viewing this thread