5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect will not lock/unlock/start

Kurant

Reaction score
Had this issue for about 3 days now. Can not get Uconnect to do anything. Hit start and it says it sent the request, but nothing ever comes back, the truck doesnt start. Also, will not lock or unlock, same story.

Is there a solution for this?

Gauge

Reaction score
Update your Uconnect app. Mine stopped working about 3 days ago as well. Updated it today and now it works. Downside to updating is before it actually showed a picture of my truck (granite color with sports appearance package and 22” rims) and now it has a red color truck with a chrome grill on it.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had this issue for about 3 days now. Can not get Uconnect to do anything. Hit start and it says it sent the request, but nothing ever comes back, the truck doesnt start. Also, will not lock or unlock, same story.

Is there a solution for this?
Welcome to the club. Mine hasn't worked properly since I got it in September. I've uninstalled and installed the app probably 50 times to include the new one and it only works for a short time after the truck has been running it never works if the truck has been sitting for a few hours. Locate never works. App is a POS and way too glitchy. I wouldnt pay $5 a month for it.

grinch72

Reaction score
Mine has always worked. Recently I had the same issue as you with the picture. It used to show my exact truck. Now I see a maroon truck.

bwmatthews

Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer again, they say third time's the charm. I was told if it doesn't get fixed this time it must be an issue that is not related to the radio.. I don't think so. I will be taking it up with chryler, ram whoever to get the infotainment center replaced. I know many are having this issue and they need to fix it. Getting madder by the day.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer again, they say third time's the charm. I was told if it doesn't get fixed this time it must be an issue that is not related to the radio.. I don't think so. I will be taking it up with chryler, ram whoever to get the infotainment center replaced. I know many are having this issue and they need to fix it. Getting madder by the day.
Good luck and keep us posted.

bwmatthews

Reaction score
Got my truck back and the dealer is talking with the technicians at Crysler Care. Still no fix, but now they want my truck and cell phone for a few days and see if they can fix the problem. Starting to believe it is better to just bend over and take it instead of going back and forth from home to the dealer (20 miles). Just a waste of time. Thankfully this is the only thing wrong with the truck.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my truck back and the dealer is talking with the technicians at Crysler Care. Still no fix, but now they want my truck and cell phone for a few days and see if they can fix the problem. Starting to believe it is better to just bend over and take it instead of going back and forth from home to the dealer (20 miles). Just a waste of time. Thankfully this is the only thing wrong with the truck.
I just spent about 3 hours on the phone with 3 different Sirius/Uconnect reps trying to get some things resolved. The first call was re the remote start...app. my has only worked a few times yet when I call them it always works for them. After they accessed my vehicle the app worked for me. Same old story. It won't work tomorrow. Sirius said see what happens tomorrow. Second call was to Sirius radio re the constant default to the preview channel. The rep was clueless then after I kept pressing him after being on the phone for about 45 mins he finally asked a manager who said it's a known issue and they are working on a fix. No idea on timeframe. Great job Sirius. My third Sirius/Uconnect related call of the evening was re the Nav offline search problem and also the inability to use voice commands in Nav. Once again no explanation. The rep suggested I contact the software company. Wtf?

bwmatthews

Reaction score
I just spent about 3 hours on the phone with 3 different Sirius/Uconnect reps trying to get some things resolved. The first call was re the remote start...app. my has only worked a few times yet when I call them it always works for them. After they accessed my vehicle the app worked for me. Same old story. It won't work tomorrow. Sirius said see what happens tomorrow. Second call was to Sirius radio re the constant default to the preview channel. The rep was clueless then after I kept pressing him after being on the phone for about 45 mins he finally asked a manager who said it's a known issue and they are working on a fix. No idea on timeframe. Great job Sirius. My third Sirius/Uconnect related call of the evening was re the Nav offline search problem and also the inability to use voice commands in Nav. Once again no explanation. The rep suggested I contact the software company. Wtf?
It gets frustrating as heck.

Kurant

Reaction score
I continue to have issues. My leather on my door had ripples in it and it was scheduled to go in today, I spoke with them and they investigated it, or so they said, and gave the truck back to me today with no resolution.

I’ve uninstalled the app probably 20 times, and it’ll work once or twice and that’s it.

I’ve used -

My phone on Verizon.
My daughters phone on Verizon.
An old Android phone on Verizon.
My phone on GCI.
My daughters phone on GCI (her cell carrier.)
iPad with AT&T service, and on WiFi only.
My phone on WiFi.
Daughters phone on WiFi.
My brothers phone on T-Mobile.

Nothing works. It’s pretty clear the problem is not me. Chrysler refuses to listen to my troubleshooting.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I continue to have issues. My leather on my door had ripples in it and it was scheduled to go in today, I spoke with them and they investigated it, or so they said, and gave the truck back to me today with no resolution.

I’ve uninstalled the app probably 20 times, and it’ll work once or twice and that’s it.

I’ve used -

My phone on Verizon.
My phone on GCI.
My phone on WiFi.
Daughters phone on WiFi.

Nothing works. It’s pretty clear the problem is not me. Chrysler refuses to listen to my troubleshooting.
It's not you its Sirius.

I’ve used -

My phone on Verizon.
My phone on GCI.
My phone on WiFi.
Daughters phone on WiFi.

It's not you its Sirius.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I feel to your frustrations. I'm in the same boat. We have to keep the pressure up! I call once a week to see if they have figured it out yet.

grinch72

Reaction score
I feel to your frustrations. I'm in the same boat. We have to keep the pressure up! I call once a week to see if they have figured it out yet.
Have you tried taking the negative cable off the battery for 30 mins or so and resetting the system that? That’s what worked for me. It’s been flawless since.

greatone99

Reaction score
mine worked fine when I got the truck ,now it 75 percent of the time not working

gibbynd

Reaction score
Mine worked fine until today. I cannot get the app or Mopar.com to send any commands.

Brent T

Reaction score
The app will not work for me at all, and the FOB has to be within 20 ft to work.

Users who are viewing this thread