5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect update

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anybody have access to the update for this service bulletin?

My dealer is a bunch of idiots and says they can't find it. I have the 8.4" non nav unit and bought my truck in May of 2018. This update applies to my truck. My issues are the nav from Carplay or Android Auto showing wrong locations and the radio resetting and eliminating my presets/favorites. As far as I know this can only be updated at the dealer at the moment and is not available through the Uconnect site. Anybody have access to it by chance? My dealer doesn't know left from right and can't tell the difference between oil and red transmission fluid.

My truck is currently in for a check engine light. P0456 evap code. There is a valve getting stuck and needs replaced. Also for the airbag recall and having them perform the rear brakes TSB. Have them looking for the update. It's been a week and a half now because parts for the brakes are on backorder. Was not told this until today. Zero communication in a week and a half. Have had to call them myself. Told them today to fix evap valve and perform the recall and give me my truck back. Advisor says he will check with the tech and call me back and I haven't heard from him. Called again since it was getting close to closing and he has already left. Will be going up there after work tomorrow and asking for the service manager.

Sorry for the rant. Anybody have the update? I have zero faith in my dealer doing it for me.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My dealer is a bunch of idiots and says they can't find it. I have the 8.4" non nav unit and bought my truck in May of 2018. This update applies to my truck. My issues are the nav from Carplay or Android Auto showing wrong locations and the radio resetting and eliminating my presets/favorites. As far as I know this can only be updated at the dealer at the moment and is not available through the Uconnect site. Anybody have access to it by chance? My dealer doesn't know left from right and can't tell the difference between oil and red transmission fluid.

My truck is currently in for a check engine light. P0456 evap code. There is a valve getting stuck and needs replaced. Also for the airbag recall and having them perform the rear brakes TSB. Have them looking for the update. It's been a week and a half now because parts for the brakes are on backorder. Was not told this until today. Zero communication in a week and a half. Have had to call them myself. Told them today to fix evap valve and perform the recall and give me my truck back. Advisor says he will check with the tech and call me back and I haven't heard from him. Called again since it was getting close to closing and he has already left. Will be going up there after work tomorrow and asking for the service manager.

Sorry for the rant. Anybody have the update? I have zero faith in my dealer doing it for me.
I hope someone does... for your sake. FCA has the worst update/software system on the planet. If for some godforsaken reason your VIN isn't tagged for the update, it won't show up for the tech and he's forced to advise no update available. It's insanity. He'd have to find a VIN thay qualifies and then download the update. Some techs are nice guys, but I don't know any that would waste payable time on another repair searching for a VIN for some random customer.

It's awful. A horrible feeling, knowing they know you have an issue and just shrug their shoulders.

@RamCares should get involved for you.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope someone does... for your sake. FCA has the worst update/software system on the planet. If for some godforsaken reason your VIN isn't tagged for the update, it won't show up for the tech and he's forced to advise no update available. It's insanity. He'd have to find a VIN thay qualifies and then download the update. Some techs are nice guys, but I don't know any that would waste payable time on another repair searching for a VIN for some random customer.

It's awful. A horrible feeling, knowing they know you have an issue and just shrug their shoulders.

@RamCares should get involved for you.
Yeah it's pretty sad. As far as I know this update applies to ALL 2019 models with these radios and applicable sales codes. Jeeps and Dodge vehicles included. My guess is he is typing the vin in Uconnect instead of following the TSB like it says. This dealer is just terrible. I love my truck but having to deal with these guys is just ridiculous. I've had issues with other vehicles with them too.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like they finally found the update after being blunt enough and again giving them the bulletin number. Should be getting back in my truck this afternoon.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like they finally found the update after being blunt enough and again giving them the bulletin number. Should be getting back in my truck this afternoon.
Hope so for you. FCA Customer Care needs to be trying to apply some pressure (even tho' that's unrealistic) for better communication and attempts by their dealer service departments to LOOK for a solution instead of have to be shown one. Its not just FCA, it's been an issue in the industry for years and years. Maybe a dealer here and there is different, but most adopt the "no payee, no lookee" attitude. We can complain but it's not likely to change much.

I looked at the Promaster's a couple years ago and gosh that was a black eye for FCA... at least on a couple forums I was reading (Expediters Online being one).

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do they still offer the online download via the website?
I've always updated my Durango R/T's via a USB RamStick when it had updates for my uConnect stuffs.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do they still offer the online download via the website?
I've always updated my Durango R/T's via a USB RamStick when it had updates for my uConnect stuffs.
Yes you can still download updates from the Uconnect site, but this one is only available to dealers at this time. The website shows my truck as being up to date even though there are updates available.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you're on the DIY Uconnect page or the DealerConnect site (what techs use), if the VIN doesn't match or isn't tagged by FCA, you won't see an update. I've had a service manager in my truck when the screen went blue in reverse... he shrugged his shoulders when my VIN didn't have an update in his system. They're not able to think outside the box because FCA doesn't let them.

Brutal way of servicing customers.

Thatsme06

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you're on the DIY Uconnect page or the DealerConnect site (what techs use), if the VIN doesn't match or isn't tagged by FCA, you won't see an update. I've had a service manager in my truck when the screen went blue in reverse... he shrugged his shoulders when my VIN didn't have an update in his system. They're not able to think outside the box because FCA doesn't let them.

Brutal way of servicing customers.
Did you ever get the "blue screen" issue fixed? This just happened twice in the past week.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about the issues with your truck.

If you could, please post your dealer experience on this thread, as we are compiling a list of good/bad dealers to help fellow forum members:

Thanks,

Thatsme06

Reaction score
I did end up getting an update! I'll post the work order and software version when I get a moment.
Okay thanks, I had the most recent 8.4 update a couple weeks ago which solved the yellow lines in the reverse image. But it didn't fix the voice guidance volume being way to loud and now this just started. There looking to replace the whole display but not sure how much that's actually going to fix but we'll see.

moonfire

Reaction score
I'm thinking this might solve my issue that came up today. I have the non-nav 8.4 that today booted up with a black screen that had a bunch of colorful vertical lines on the right side. It only when away after I let my truck sit off for about 10 minutes and then restarted it. Any sooner and it would stay the same. I don't see a Uconnect update for my VIN online, so I'll have to check with the dealer tomorrow and hope they will find the update. This PDF should help them do their... hopefully.

Update: this link looks to be a revised version of the bulletin with a newer software version listed. http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0800319b.pdf

Last edited:

moonfire

Reaction score
I got back from the dealer after getting a radio update and the software version is the same as in the TSB I linked to in my last comment. However, they printed a partial TSB for me with symptoms customers might have been seeing and it was REV C of the same TSB. So, I don't think the radio software has changed sync REV B. Of note, the dealer said they expect another radio update in the 4th Quarter of 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread