5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect version 20-16 Update Released 11/19/18

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Today UConnect pushed an update through all the trucks, as confirmed by a UConnect representative.

When shutting my truck off today and before exiting my car, a message appeared on my 12.1” screen stating there was an update available and would I like to install it? If so, I was to hit yes and leave the truck off while it updated. So of course I said yes. Wish I took a picture for you guys. Thought about it right after I said yes. So I sat in the truck while it was off for about 15 minutes (had to go somewhere so I couldn’t wait much longer). I fired the truck up and the screen was blank for about 10 minutes of my drive. Then it booted up and said the UConnect system has been updated with the latest software. It prompted me to tap either “Ok” or “What’s New.” So I tapped on What’s New but it only told me “Quality Improvements to the UConnect System” and for more information to hit the “Assist” button in my care and follow the prompts.

After hitting the assist button I was connected with a UConnect rep who told me a major update was released to all our trucks today. She pulled up an email from corporate identifying what was updated. She mentioned a whole bunch of problems we’ve addressed on this forum. I can’t remember them all but some of them included the VR button and dropping calls, updates to Apple CarPlay and Android platform, update to SiriusXM features and buttons that disappeared, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I asked her if she could forward me the email. She said no. Was worth a shot. But she said we can go to DriveUConnect.com to verify our update and in about a week it will list everything that the update fixed.

Did any of you get the update prompt today? Please let us know yes or even no. Please share any information you have. It helps us all out.

Attachments

• 8C00F1F0-0740-4EE9-8917-37A585D83B80.jpeg
    8C00F1F0-0740-4EE9-8917-37A585D83B80.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 247
  • B67A1EBC-62A2-43D6-8442-001C2EC05215.jpeg
    B67A1EBC-62A2-43D6-8442-001C2EC05215.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 244
Last edited:

SlowArrow

Reaction score
Yes - I did exactly the same thing. I haven’t been able to drive it since to see if anything is different, but I haven’t seen any problems either.

That said, I was surprised at how easy the upgrade process was

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes - I did exactly the same thing. I haven’t been able to drive it since to see if anything is different, but I haven’t seen any problems either.

That said, I was surprised at how easy the upgrade process was

Mine as well, shut it off and update appared. I said Yes and left the vehicle. Hoping for improvements :)

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys are making me go back outside to my truck. Maybe I got out too fast to get the trash cans off the curb?

Kidder

Reaction score
I wonder if they fixed the spelling errors I discovered. I did get the update today. I didn't check anything out other than having to reprogram my radio stations.

Jstadick

Reaction score
Can anyone who has the update completed post the new version numbers?

Last edited:

Spirito2

Reaction score
When i got back in my truck after the update the sound quality was horrible and HD radio wasn't working. I got home shut the truck off waited for it to power down completely then turned it back on and everything worked again thank god.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I just finished driving an hour, didnt see an update.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Did they add "skip channels" back to the sirius options?

I got no update. Maybe if your build was October... You already had the latest from factory.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was told it was both but you never know so that’s why it’s important for everyone to comment and let us know. Thanks.
I’ve got the 12” UConnect. No update. Still interested in seeing a version # if someone has it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told it was both but you never know so that’s why it’s important for everyone to comment and let us know. Thanks.
Well, my truck is at the dealer for non-warranty related work, I'll find out tomorrow.

DeanKing

Reaction score
October build. No update. But other than a minimum navigation volume problem with CarPlay I haven’t reported yet I don’t have any problems. Updates to working software worry me. Any chance there was a “skip this” option?

kjn86

Reaction score
No update for me either. Went back out late in the evening to check.

Users who are viewing this thread