5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Software Version

RBuschone

Reaction score
IMG-3267.jpg

Need some help. I want to be sure I am correct with this before going back to dealer.
MY radio shows software version 18.23.29 (pic above)
According to TSB 08-003-19 Rev. C the software version should be upgraded to 1848.24
Had it at the dealer, mentioned the TSB and they said there are no updates for my Uconnect.
Argued with them to no avail.
Looking to setup case with RamCares but wanted to be sure I know what I'm talking about.
Thanks!

Newguy

Reaction score
Hi. I got the dealer to get me to rev c 1848.24 to fix my am/fm volume fluctuation issue described in the TSB for my uconnect 8 non nav, but the downside is that the audio sounds different for the worst now. Almost lie the alpine amp isn't being utilized (weak bass). I called uconnect and they confirmed you can't roll back to a previous version. So beware of that. I would advise only upgrading if you have a severe issue to be fixed.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Just this morning my back up camera went black.. just had software update 2months ago.. what do I do now?

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Just this morning my back up camera went black.. just had software update 2months ago.. what do I do now?
Had that happened for the first time last week. Everything was working but the back up camera. Got the black screen. Shut the truck down for about 4 hrs and the camera came back on.

CodeTHR33

Reaction score
View attachment 37529

Need some help. I want to be sure I am correct with this before going back to dealer.
MY radio shows software version 18.23.29 (pic above)
According to TSB 08-003-19 Rev. C the software version should be upgraded to 1848.24
Had it at the dealer, mentioned the TSB and they said there are no updates for my Uconnect.
Argued with them to no avail.
Looking to setup case with RamCares but wanted to be sure I know what I'm talking about.
Thanks!
Same happened to me. It had to do with the radio model codes listed in the TSB. If your specific radio model code isn’t listed in the TSB, then the update won’t show up for them when they input your VIN. They said they could pull strings and get the update but because my radio code wasn’t on the TSB, if the update bricked the radio, it wouldn’t be covered under warranty. So I passed on the update. I don’t remember my radio code exactly. Maybe UAV or something like that. Don’t know where to find it either. They looked it up in their system though, and showed me everything on the screen, and my radio code wasn’t listed in the TSB. My radio has the same hardware part number as yours on the dealer screen and I have the same software version as you do. Waiting for the over the air update.

FailGrenade

Reaction score
I have a 19 and work for a dealer. the update just popped up for my truck to be able to download ( February 14, 2019) build date. you can probably try again and see what they say. i know this is a old thread but my radio has been having issues (typical lol) and i have been checking religiously for a update before i went the route of replacing it. and just within this week it came up for me do download.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 19 and work for a dealer. the update just popped up for my truck to be able to download ( February 14, 2019) build date. you can probably try again and see what they say. i know this is a old thread but my radio has been having issues (typical lol) and i have been checking religiously for a update before i went the route of replacing it. and just within this week it came up for me do download.
Can you confirm the version # that downloaded?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

FailGrenade

Reaction score
Abort abort abort. I put the wrong Vin for my truck in. Still no update. I sincerely apologise. Bursted my own bubble hoping to fix mine too haha.

FailGrenade

Reaction score
I think it stayed the same, but hold drivers temp up, down, and the front defrost. Hold and it should change screens. That was the way for the chargers

chrisbphotog

Reaction score
Anyone else having volume issues when using Waze through Apple CarPlay? The volume when giving turn by turn directions is so low. I've only had the truck about a month and when I got it this wasn't happening which makes me think I touched something. Volume is maxed out in the Waze settings on my phone.
2019 Longhorn

parnine

Reaction score
That one I can confirm, you can't. Mine was loud and I made it talk while changing the stereo volume and didn't do anything for me

Mine, and others if you search this forum, operate as follows " when Waze is talking, adjust the volume, and this volume setting will be saved so the next time Waze talks it will be at the same volume " - Volume for Waze is different than volume for Audio - for Apple CarPlay (not sure about Android). Note however, that there are also 'bugs' in these systems (FCA has really crappy software/integration throughout the truck, AC, infotainment, etc.), such that depending upon when/how you connect Waze you may not get any volume :( - and something I do at some point, resets the Waze volume to very low (maybe this is what you experience, but every time)

Users who are viewing this thread