5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect site "VIN Error"

Grayfuji

Reaction score
This morning on my drive to work the 12" uconnect screen was unresponsive to touch. I haven't checked if a restart will fix it yet, but will when I start it for my drive home. In any case I went online to the "drive Uconnect site" to check for updates etc and no matter what web browser I use it gives me a message "VIN error" or some such and I need to check to make sure my VIN is correct which it is/was every time I got the error. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, or the issue of an unresponsive screen?

Cheers!

Gray

Grayfuji

Reaction score
Thanks! it all worked fine on restart and ride home. Though still don't know why the uconnect site keeps saying my VIN is wrong.

Realtyman

Reaction score
There must be some issues with the Uconnect. My account is linked to someone else's truck. (If anyone just took delivery of a Maximum Steel two-tone Laramie 4x4 - currently with 459 miles and a fuel tank at 48%, let me know if you want me to start it for you).

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
It says my VIN is wrong too, but I believe its giving me proper health and odometer readings.

And it definitely is correct on its GPS location.

Realtyman

Reaction score
The GPS shows the other RAM's location and vehicle "health". VIN's are similar but have 2 digits that are different. Problem is, my credit card is associated with the other vehicle's VIN. I don't want to delete the other vehicle on my account as it is likely my CC will be charged in a year when it's time for it to renew on the other vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread