5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Remote Start

bwmatthews

Reaction score
The shop looked at my 12 inch display and hopefully there will be an update in a couple weeks. The clock displays sometimes, the screen freezes and the Uconnect does not work very often. Keeping my fingers crossed.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Did you ever figure anything out about the clock display issue you have? Just got my truck and I've already noticed the clock only displays once in a while, and never see it if the screen is in split mode with say media on bottom and weather on top. I thought maybe there was a "Display clock everywhere" setting I hadn't found yet.

bwmatthews

Reaction score
Did you ever figure anything out about the clock display issue you have? Just got my truck and I've already noticed the clock only displays once in a while, and never see it if the screen is in split mode with say media on bottom and weather on top. I thought maybe there was a "Display clock everywhere" setting I hadn't found yet.
They haven't figured out yet what is going on. They are supposed to try again soon...or so I was told. There is no seeing for clock display that I know of

bwmatthews

Reaction score
There is no setting that I know of for clock display. They are going to try more trouble shooting again soon.

TrackDay

Reaction score
How about your Uconnect app?
The shop looked at my 12 inch display and hopefully there will be an update in a couple weeks. The clock displays sometimes, the screen freezes and the Uconnect does not work very often. Keeping my fingers crossed.
A lot of us still have an issue with the Uconnect and Mopar web site remote commands. There are a couple of other threads on it.

gibbynd

Reaction score
Mine has worked. FWIW the guy at Uconnect told me that the first command sent should be the lock command at least 10 feet away. Somehow this registers it. I only say this because I had typed my email wrong on the screen of the truck and had to get that resolved.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has worked. FWIW the guy at Uconnect told me that the first command sent should be the lock command at least 10 feet away. Somehow this registers it. I only say this because I had typed my email wrong on the screen of the truck and had to get that resolved.
So you need to go outside and stand within 10 feet of the truck send a lock command then go back inside and send a start...command? That's their solution?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeesh, that sounds like that Uconnect guy was throwing darts. "Please stand beside your vehicle to send a remote command" Bwahahahaha!

Um, no. Uconnect software is the issue, not your proximity to your truck. Some have issues, others like myself have used it without issues.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeesh, that sounds like that Uconnect guy was throwing darts. "Please stand beside your vehicle to send a remote command" Bwahahahaha!

Um, no. Uconnect software is the issue, not your proximity to your truck. Some have issues, others like myself have used it without issues.
Just tried the asinine suggestion by Uconnect. Doesn't work. No kidding.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just tried the asinine suggestion by Uconnect. Doesn't work. No kidding.
The only option that sometimes works, is trying the sibling software... there are two. Sirius Gaurdian and Uconnect, both in theory do the same thing, just different names and design. Uconnect from FCA works for me 100%.
Screenshot_20190105-104841_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20190105-104825_Google Play Store.jpg

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only option that sometimes works, is trying the sibling software... there are two. Sirius Gaurdian and Uconnect, both in theory do the same thing, just different names and design. Uconnect from FCA works for me 100%.
View attachment 12765

View attachment 12766
Thanks. I've tried both with the same results. Per Sirius Guardian guy the Sirius Guardian app is going away and he said we shouldnt be using it. Doesn't help me or other truck owners who have the problem unfortunately.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is no setting that I know of for clock display. They are going to try more trouble shooting again soon.
There is a setting to display the clock in the status bar. Pg. 616 owners manual. Under Clock.

TrackDay

Reaction score
Yes, I've also tried the new UConnect app and it's no change. It and the previous UConnect app worked just great for my 3 other 2016 vehicles. No go for my 2019 Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online