5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Remote start NEW software fails - Ugh [Resolved?]

Reaction score
\de-lurk
Ugh... So Uconnect remote starting didn't work for me with 18.x. Whoo Hoo, they sent 19.x to me and the system is way more stable. My first Uconnect remote start worked after the new software...
Now... doesn't go. It worked just once. Frap. Vehicle Finder seems ok, but lock, start, etc. show 'Request Received' in the app, but truck does nadda.
Any ideas?
WL

UPDATE____
So I pressed the assist button and called up UConnect. They said that my email address was missing from their info... Fine, lets add it. (I can't imagine this was the issue). They also transferred me to the Sirius/Uconnect group asking me to make sure all the info was correct there. About half way through it disconnected. So... I called back in direct to Sirius/Uconnect. Calltaker said, everything looks good, and I'm not sure what the issue is, only thing I can do is try the commands here otherwise its to the dealer. So, they tried the commands, they worked fine, and my app now works fine..... So, for now... resolved.
/re-lurk

Last edited:

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
\de-lurk
Ugh... So Uconnect remote starting didn't work for me with 18.x. Whoo Hoo, they sent 19.x to me and the system is way more stable. My first Uconnect remote start worked after the new software...
Now... doesn't go. It worked just once. Frap. Vehicle Finder seems ok, but lock, start, etc. show 'Request Received' in the app, but truck does nadda.
Any ideas?
WL
/re-lurk
Mine has done that from the start.... that app is total trash.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel blessed that I haven’t had the issues many of you are having. My 12 inch has worked pretty flawless. I remember I brought my 2013 when the 8.4 uconnect came out. I had issues Day 3. First 41/2 months my radio didn’t work properly as we were waiting on software to update. After about a 1 1/2 years they got it working right.
Deja vu.
Here’s hoping and praying for the best to each of you . I share your pain, anger, frustration etc.

Users who are viewing this thread