5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Rebooting every few minutes randomly

Jstadick

Reaction score
So, just this morning my 12" UConnect system started randomly rebooting every few minutes. I get the Ram logo and then it reboots. Can't tie it to any specific action or condition. It just does it. According to UConnect support there is an OTA update due out in the next 1-2 weeks to address this "known problem".

Anyone else?

ltjdrb

Reaction score
Same exact thing is happening to me. Just started today.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Mine has been doing the reconnecting thing when I am using apple carplay, it is annoying and happens about one out of every 5 starts. I am hoping for an update. it does diminish the enjoyment of an oterwise great system.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only time I have had a problem with it freezing or rebooting is when my wife plugs in her iPod. Wonder if Apple products and the new uConnect systems no-likey each other?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Interesting... Just a thought. Try and upgrade to iOS 12, which just released today. May fix it if issue was on Apple’s end.

FreeNC

Reaction score
I had this happen this morning as well. I don't have an apple phone so I am not sure that would be the issue. I am here in NC and thought it could have been contributed to the storms interrupting signal. No idea, just a thought. No issues this afternoon.

Han Ridge

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen. I was driving back to Charleston From Atlanta. My 12" UConnect system started rebooting every 3 minutes and driving me crazy. It started happening when I got a SiriusXM Tropical storm weather advisory. The advisory would popup every time it rebooted. It stopped after a few hours. :mad:

Ryanww

Reaction score
Same issue as this, but only a couple of times. I had no issues before the update. I know, via working for FCA that there is an update coming. It sounds as though they are trying to push the update as soon as they can, but still no update. Replacing your radio will not fix the issues much. Mine has been replaced and I wish I had my factory one back, pre- the over the air update.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread