5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Lag

RebelRam

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed frequent instances of lag on the 12” Uconnect? I’m mainly seeing it on the SiriusXM tab, when I select a station in my favorites it seems to take a while to translate. If I turn the audible beep on, the beep will occur a second or two after I tap the spot.

I’m also noticing it when using SiriusXM as a bottom card in split screen. Sometimes when selecting the stations in this mode it won’t take the selection at all.

I’m just wondering if it’s something to do with SiriusXM or the actual uconnect. But I haven’t really noticed it with other selections.

steveo436

Reaction score
Yes, I have noticed this as well on my 12” uconnect, specifically with changing SiriusXM channels. And its not all the time...sometimes it responds instantly and the channel changes right away, other times there is a huge lag and can take 5-10 seconds. Sometimes pressing the preset channel buttons on the screen don’t seem to work at all to change a channel, but the buttons on the steering wheel will work.

Also, I don’t know if this is just a coincidence, but in my case I think the lag happens after I plug my iPhone in for use with carplay. I would plug it in to use Waze for navigation (or even just to charge) while still using the SiriusXM car radio and I think thats when it lags. Doesn’t happen every time, but perhaps its related to a phone being connected?

Edit: One more thing I remembered is that when its lagging bad, the artist/song title displayed on the screen can be 1 or 2 songs behind what is actually playing. Seems like the UI can’t keep up and will still be displaying the song you heard a few minutes ago while the radio is playing a new song.

Last edited:

RebelRam

Reaction score
Yes, I have noticed this as well on my 12” uconnect, specifically with changing SiriusXM channels. And its not all the time...sometimes it responds instantly and the channel changes right away, other times there is a huge lag and can take 5-10 seconds. Sometimes pressing the preset channel buttons on the screen don’t seem to work at all to change a channel, but the buttons on the steering wheel will work.

Also, I don’t know if this is just a coincidence, but in my case I think the lag happens after I plug my iPhone in for use with carplay. I would plug it in to use Waze for navigation (or even just to charge) while still using the SiriusXM car radio and I think thats when it lags. Doesn’t happen every time, but perhaps its related to a phone being connected?

Edit: One more thing I remembered is that when its lagging bad, the artist/song title displayed on the screen can be 1 or 2 songs behind what is actually playing. Seems like the UI can’t keep up and will still be displaying the song you heard a few minutes ago while the radio is playing a new song.

This is all exactly my experiences. Even the part where SiriusXM will display song titles 1-2 songs behind what’s actually playing.

I didn’t think about my phone being connected while the lag is happening, but that’s likely since I keep my iPhone connected in to charge pretty much every trip. Even when I’m not using it for Waze.

I’m going to see if I can get it to happen while my iPhone isn’t plugged in on my trip today.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed frequent instances of lag on the 12” Uconnect? I’m mainly seeing it on the SiriusXM tab, when I select a station in my favorites it seems to take a while to translate. If I turn the audible beep on, the beep will occur a second or two after I tap the spot.

I’m also noticing it when using SiriusXM as a bottom card in split screen. Sometimes when selecting the stations in this mode it won’t take the selection at all.

I’m just wondering if it’s something to do with SiriusXM or the actual uconnect. But I haven’t really noticed it with other selections.
Ditto. Notice it once in a while.

Glamdring

Reaction score
New 2020 Limited owner here. For the most part no lag on the 12", but I have the same issue on the XM preset buttons while in split screen. They work fine in full screen. In split screen, the button will beep indicating that it knows I touched it, but never changes stations (or at least I haven't been patient enough to wait for it to change.)

I usually have to go to full screen, then back to split screen, and then it works again

Users who are viewing this thread