5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Issues with Used 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

jdelashmitt

Reaction score
I bought a used 2019 Ram 1500 Limited about 2 months ago and have been researching online trying to find a fix but I have yet to find anything.

So, the problem is this: The UConnect (12”) and Sirius systems seem like they’re still attached to the former owner of the vehicle, and I have no clue how to “reset” the system. It doesn’t seem to have the features of SiriusXM, Sirius Guardian, or UConnect Access, but it won’t let me navigate the UConnect system to “Register UConnect.”

Online, people are saying to Press the “Assist” button, then push “Activate” or try to find some “Register UConnect” or “UConnect Care” buttons, both of which I have yet to find anywhere.

For me, after pressing the “Assist” button, and then pressing the “Activate” button, my UConnect screen goes directly back to the home screen or whatever screen I was on, and no “Helpful UConnect Staff Member” has ever come up.

I’d like to reset everything back to essentially factory settings and set up all that crap like it was new and not bound to some other guy 2 states away. Anyone know how to do this?

OR, if there are any other ways to achieve the same result, I’d love to hear them. Thanks so much!

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and

Phone numbers in the above links or you can use the assist button to speak with a uconnect rep.

Create an account on https://www.siriusxm.com/ and try to register your receiver. You'll need the radio id.

jdelashmitt

Reaction score
Update:

Called UConnect and they said that “UConnect Access” wasn’t even a thing for 2019+ RAMs... Didn’t know that.

She gave me the number to Sirius Guardian which I then called. Turns out the truck actually WAS still attached to the former owner’s Sirius Guardian account, but his free trial ended and he didn’t renew. So I essentially had them remove his attached account (ie: email, password, PIN, etc.) so that I would at least have the option to begin a Guardian membership thing if I wanted to. Because before, I had no choice. My truck was still linked to former dude’s.

Will do some research and decide if it’s worth $300/year. My contention is that it probably won’t be lol.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Update:

Called UConnect and they said that “UConnect Access” wasn’t even a thing for 2019+ RAMs... Didn’t know that.

She gave me the number to Sirius Guardian which I then called. Turns out the truck actually WAS still attached to the former owner’s Sirius Guardian account, but his free trial ended and he didn’t renew. So I essentially had them remove his attached account (ie: email, password, PIN, etc.) so that I would at least have the option to begin a Guardian membership thing if I wanted to. Because before, I had no choice. My truck was still linked to former dude’s.

Will do some research and decide if it’s worth $300/year. My contention is that it probably won’t be lol.
I didnt renew after free trial and dont see much difference in my use case. Lots of owners are in this boat from what I gather. Just too expensive for something I dont hardly use. Thats just me. Only thing I did use was the Uconnect app. So now I can't remote start from long distance or lock or sound horn or send a destination remotely. But I really dont miss any of that.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Update:

Now - this is based on my personal experience.

Uconnect app (on phone) rarely if ever worked. Assist never connected. Emergency button got hit once - rang endlessly, no one picked up - wouldn't shut off - ended up having to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off.

I disconnected all services, 30 days into my 1 year free trial. And you can't have the Uconnect app features (when they rarely work), without the security features - package deal.

This operates off a built in cell - if you're somewhere your regular cell won't connect - neither will this (if it even works at all - see above). In the event of an accident where your cell goes flying, and you can reach the emergency button (and it actually works), it might be useful.

$300 worth of useful? Methinks NOT.

I've reached the end of my year free Sirius/XM radio sub - I ONLY listen to Patriot Radio. If they'll work me a REAL CHEAP DEAL to renew - I might - otherwise...

Do I sound like sour grapes - yep. They MAY have gotten their act together in the last year - then again, they may not have.

YMMV.

Rick

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Now - this is based on my personal experience.

Uconnect app (on phone) rarely if ever worked. Assist never connected. Emergency button got hit once - rang endlessly, no one picked up - wouldn't shut off - ended up having to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off.

I disconnected all services, 30 days into my 1 year free trial. And you can't have the Uconnect app features (when they rarely work), without the security features - package deal.

This operates off a built in cell - if you're somewhere your regular cell won't connect - neither will this (if it even works at all - see above). In the event of an accident where your cell goes flying, and you can reach the emergency button (and it actually works), it might be useful.

$300 worth of useful? Methinks NOT.

I've reached the end of my year free Sirius/XM radio sub - I ONLY listen to Patriot Radio. If they'll work me a REAL CHEAP DEAL to renew - I might - otherwise...

Do I sound like sour grapes - yep. They MAY have gotten their act together in the last year - then again, they may not have.

YMMV.

Rick
SXM is offering $5/month for a year. About $80 after taxes and fees. On all vehicles not just ours.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It all depends on your use cases and financial ability. I use the Uconnect remote start all winter long when I start my truck when I'm getting off the plane so I can have a warm truck when I get to the parking lot. That alone is worth every penny to me. I also use the Send and go a lot Listen to MLB, love the 360L artist radio stations and have experienced here in New Hampshire that the onboard 4g that is used for the Artist radio stations always works where my phone does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/