5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Issues/Questions

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've pressed the Favorites tab on the Sirius radio for twenty or so songs, but I have yet to get either an audio or visual alert that the favorite song is playing somewhere on a Sirius channel. I have selected "Favorite Song" and I see the small star at the end of the title. I purposely selected a song that I know is played quite often on channel 16 (The Blend), but has never popped up. This worked flawlessly on my Uconnect 5 inch in my 2014.

Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 001877 miles.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There isn't much or any audible alert so if you don't happen to catch the notification that pops on the top of the screen (only a half inch or so) you'll never be aware. It only stays for a few seconds. There are a couple of artists that it won't allow me to save.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There isn't much or any audible alert so if you don't happen to catch the notification that pops on the top of the screen (only a half inch or so) you'll never be aware. It only stays for a few seconds. There are a couple of artists that it won't allow me to save.

Thanks for the reply.

Amazingly, about an hour ago I was reading a text message on the Uconnect screen when I heared a tone and saw a red message pop up in the upper left part of the screen. You weren't kidding about the short time it was up! There's no real time to respond to this, especially if your driving. And I still don't know what action to take when it does pop up.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 001206 miles.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Amazingly, about an hour ago I was reading a text message on the Uconnect screen when I heared a tone and saw a red message pop up in the upper left part of the screen. You weren't kidding about the short time it was up! There's no real time to respond to this, especially if your driving. And I still don't know what action to take when it does pop up.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 001206 miles.
Action? Just tap the alert that says "favorites on air" and it will take you to the "favorites on air listings" screen. Away you go. ;)

Edit: If you miss the popup, tap "browse" bottom left and it will take you to a screen that has favorites as one of the choices on the left. Tap favorites and you have control over on air, remove and something else I don't recall... this is all off the top of my head while I'm watching TV, sorry.

Turin

Reaction score
[...] I heared a tone and saw a red message pop up in the upper left part of the screen. You weren't kidding about the short time it was up! There's no real time to respond to this, especially if your driving.
To make it worse it just says that a favorite artist is playing. It doesn't say which artist, much less which song, and you have to take your eyes off the road and tap through menus to find out what's playing and tune the station. It's like they actively designed the system to be distracting. I've started ignoring the notifications and am going to delete my favorites when I get around to it because the system isn't even remotely use-friendly. "Something that you might like is playing somewhere! Click here to find out more!" Gah! I expected it to work the way it does in my wife's Impala: Hers tells you title and artist and you can press "Ok" on the steering wheel to tune to the channel.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The notification is pretty worthless. Hopefully there will be an over the air or dealership update made available to make the notification larger, more noticeable color and stay on the screen longer. A notification recall would be helpful.

machine906

Reaction score
You guys are lucky to even get a Favorite Song or Artist notification. My system doesn't even give me that. I can select and star any song I want but there isn't anywhere I can go to manage them. I've already talked to SXM about it but they just send a refresh which is pretty milquetoast.

It wouldn't bug me so much if it didn't even give me the option to label anything as a Favorite to begin with. I sure hope I start up my Ram one day and the functionality mysteriously appears...

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys are lucky to even get a Favorite Song or Artist notification. My system doesn't even give me that. I can select and star any song I want but there isn't anywhere I can go to manage them. I've already talked to SXM about it but they just send a refresh which is pretty milquetoast.

It wouldn't bug me so much if it didn't even give me the option to label anything as a Favorite to begin with. I sure hope I start up my Ram one day and the functionality mysteriously appears...
I'm not sure what you mean by "manage them." This radio doesn't react the same as the one in my 2014, where when a favorite selection came on it was immediately displayed and I could select to hear or not hear it.

The only way I can see my favorites list is to select Browse, then Favorites.

Not as smooth as the previous generations and I don't think it's an XM issue, either.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram DT 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 023115 miles.

Turin

Reaction score
You guys are lucky to even get a Favorite Song or Artist notification. My system doesn't even give me that.
You aren't missing anything. I can set and manage favorites (8.4 NAV) but the notification is basically "one of your favorites is on air now" without any indication of which artist/song and no shortcut for switching channels. You have to go through the menus to get to favorites, pull up the list of what's playing, and select the channel you want to listen to. It's such a worthless, unsafe PITA that I deleted all my favorites.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You aren't missing anything. I can set and manage favorites (8.4 NAV) but the notification is basically "one of your favorites is on air now" without any indication of which artist/song and no shortcut for switching channels. You have to go through the menus to get to favorites, pull up the list of what's playing, and select the channel you want to listen to. It's such a worthless, unsafe PITA that I deleted all my favorites.
I have the 8.4 non-NAV radio and here's how it works on mine.

When in the SXM mode and a favorite comes on, the word Favorvite is displayed in the top left of the screen in red and a tone is heard. I then press the Browse tab and then press the Favorites tab.

Any favorites currently on are displayed in red. I then select the desired Favorite and that selection turns white. At that point the radio switches to the SXM channel playing that song.

If I want to see a complete list of my Favorites, I press the Browse tab, then the Favorites tab, then the red Remove Favorites tab. The list is then displayed and I need to use the scroll arrows to see the complete list.

As far as I know this procedure is not documented anywhere that I could find.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram DT 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 023139 miles.

dgreen4

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 non-NAV radio and here's how it works on mine.

When in the SXM mode and a favorite comes on, the word Favorvite is displayed in the top left of the screen in red and a tone is heard. I then press the Browse tab and then press the Favorites tab.

Any favorites currently on are displayed in red. I then select the desired Favorite and that selection turns white. At that point the radio switches to the SXM channel playing that song.

If I want to see a complete list of my Favorites, I press the Browse tab, then the Favorites tab, then the red Remove Favorites tab. The list is then displayed and I need to use the scroll arrows to see the complete list.

As far as I know this procedure is not documented anywhere that I could find.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram DT 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 023139 miles.
Dusty,

On my 2020 Big Horn, November 2019 build, 12-inch Uconnect, software version 19.33.11"

With the radio on XM, I press the blue "bell" symbol (notify). Screen refreshes and "manage alerts" present itself. Select "manage alerts" and my favorite songs appear. Hold the song title to delete.

Last edited:

LouCap

Reaction score
Dusty,

On my 2020 Big Horn, November 2019 build, 12-inch Uconnect, software version 19.33.11"

With the radio on XM, I press the blue "bell" symbol (notify). Screen refreshes and "manage alerts" present itself. Select "manage alerts" and my favorite songs appear. Hold the song title to delete.

I have a 2019 Limited with the 12" screen, and oddly enough, the "Manage Alerts" button is always greyed out on mine. I have somehow reached the maximum number of songs and now I can't delete them. any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread