5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect failures and Fiat Chrysler worthless warranty

Franny

Reaction score
Bought 2019 Ram Sport and extended warranty. In January the Uconnect system began rebooting, as often as once a minute. However, it is an intermittent problem, therefore not easily detectable at dealership. Chrysler says it will not cover this defect. The entire system shuts down, meaning no radio, no navigation, no backup view, no climate control, no access to manual, etc. It takes quite a few seconds to reboot, then works a few more seconds, then turns off again, all within one minute. Then process begins again. Chrysler suggested I buy a GPS system, a radio, and install an aftermarket backup system if I want those since the Uconnect they sell with the vehicle does not work and they have no intention of fixing it. They also claim to never have heard of such a problem. Well, other than in all the lawsuits that is. I'm selling this piece of junk and buying a Toyota, but would like to join one of the lawsuits to try to get some of my money back. Will be putting a sign on the truck until I can trade it in warning people not to buy a Chrysler vehicle, or at least not a new one as Chrysler does not offer warranties - they sell them, but don't honour them.

Every20years

Reaction score
Bought 2019 Ram Sport and extended warranty. In January the Uconnect system began rebooting, as often as once a minute. However, it is an intermittent problem, therefore not easily detectable at dealership. Chrysler says it will not cover this defect. The entire system shuts down, meaning no radio, no navigation, no backup view, no climate control, no access to manual, etc. It takes quite a few seconds to reboot, then works a few more seconds, then turns off again, all within one minute. Then process begins again. Chrysler suggested I buy a GPS system, a radio, and install an aftermarket backup system if I want those since the Uconnect they sell with the vehicle does not work and they have no intention of fixing it. They also claim to never have heard of such a problem. Well, other than in all the lawsuits that is. I'm selling this piece of junk and buying a Toyota, but would like to join one of the lawsuits to try to get some of my money back. Will be putting a sign on the truck until I can trade it in warning people not to buy a Chrysler vehicle, or at least not a new one as Chrysler does not offer warranties - they sell them, but don't honour them.
Is the dealer you are going to for the warranty the same one you bought the truck new? Used?

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome... sorry to hear of your bad experience. Maybe Ramcares will chime in on this!

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your issues. Obviously it shouldn't do that. It sounds like it either got caught in an endless boot loop or a partial update that never finished and now it doesn't know what to do.

Is your truck still under the basic warranty (< 36K miles) or is it under the ESP?

I don't know what "Chrysler says" means. Is that the dealership? Is that FCA corporate? For it to truly be "Chrysler says" the dealership service department has to submit a STAR Case for the issue with your truck. That will go to the corporate engineering group for assistance from them to help determine the issue and how to proceed. I'm pretty sure corporate wouldn't put "our stuff doesn't work and we aren't going to fix it" in writing.

Dealerships are hit and miss, especially for service departments (mostly miss). I recommend going to another dealership and trying again, especially if you're under 36K miles as it's free. I would think that the dealership can load their latest version for your uConnect (it may not be the latest version but will be better than what you've got going on now).

If you are over 36K miles and have a MOPAR Max Care ESP you should still be covered. From my MOPAR Max Care ESP:

ELECTRICAL: Starter Motor and Solenoid; Generator (Alternator); Engine Control Module - (Single Module Engine Controller)
(SMEC); Powertrain Control Module; Distributor; Ignition Module; Ignition Coil; Coil Pack Assembly; Voltage Regulator; Horn and
Horn Pad; Transmission Control Module; All Wiring Harnesses; Electronic Fuel Injection System (excluding clogged injectors);
Windshield Wiper Motor; Rear Window Wiper Motor; Wiper Control Module; Manually Operated Electrical Switches; Neutral Safety
Switch; Temperature Sending Unit/Switch; Oil Level and Oil Pressure Sending Unit/Switch; Body Computer; Body Control Module;

Factory Installed Radio, Speakers and Rear Entertainment Systems (Includes CD and DVD Player); Factory Installed Navigation
Systems
(excludes navigation disc); Audio Amplifier; Height Adjustment Compressor; Gateway Module; Ignition Module, Factory
Installed U-Connect System.

LUXURY GROUP: Keyless Entry Sensors and Receiver/Module; Trip Computer; Message Center; Overhead Electronic Vehicle
Information Center; Overhead Electronic Compass/Temperature; Power Sunroof Motor; Convertible Top Motor; Electric Mirror Motor
and Controls; Cruise Control Servo; Headlight Door Motor; Concealed Headlamp Module; Park Assist Module; Park Assist Sensors;

Back Up Assist Camera; Door Latches; Heated Seat Systems; Factory Installed Remote Start System; Heated Steering Wheel;
In-Vehicle Wireless Charging Station; USB Outlets; 120V Outlets

Last edited:

JP_Night18

Reaction score
Brian42 pretty much covered it all. I'm thankful I have 2 local dodge dealers to go to if one is giving me a hard time. So far, my experience at both have been great. One dealer I bought my 15 dart from, the other my 18 ram. I wouldn't worry so much about it though im not experiencing it, but respectfully, I know it's a pain in the ***. I recommend going to another dealer and ask for a update in firmware. Uconnect seems to work most of the time and when those laggy issue start, a update almost always fixes it. Also, like brian said, I dont believe corporate told you that they will not fix that. I'm hoping its a BS dealer that you're wasting your time on. Hope you get your issue resolved. I also do believe its a update loophole uconnect is in. Take care.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey @Franny --

Thanks to our friend @CMil527 , we heard you were experiencing some concerns with your dealer while trying to get your Uconnect system up to date. I'm super sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far, but I'd be more than happy to offer additional assistance while you work with your dealer to get this resolved. If you're interested, feel free to send us a private message with more details.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Sumter63

Reaction score
Hey @Franny --

Thanks to our friend @CMil527 , we heard you were experiencing some concerns with your dealer while trying to get your Uconnect system up to date. I'm super sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far, but I'd be more than happy to offer additional assistance while you work with your dealer to get this resolved. If you're interested, feel free to send us a private message with more details.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares
I am having same issues on my 22 limited 10th Anniversary Edition please contact me for details. I would sure appreciate the help. I have 1400 miles on my truck and all the dealer keeps telling me is no update available. My email is [email protected]
Thanks

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I am having same issues on my 22 limited 10th Anniversary Edition please contact me for details. I would sure appreciate the help. I have 1400 miles on my truck and all the dealer keeps telling me is no update available. My email is [email protected]
Thanks
whenever you want to contact ramcares you need to do this
@RamCares

Sumter63

Reaction score
whenever you want to contact ramcares you need to do this
@RamCares
Thank you. Trying to learn this site. Can you tell me how to add info for my truck like you it’s good to see what everyone has and have added. Thanks again. I did start a conversation with Ram Cares hoping that will work.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Thank you. Trying to learn this site. Can you tell me how to add info for my truck like you it’s good to see what everyone has and have added. Thanks again. I did start a conversation with Ram Cares hoping that will work.
on a phone it is hard
on a computer click on your handle on mine it is near the top
then find signature
have fun

Users who are viewing this thread