5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect duplicate number

Kolomari

Reaction score
Having an issue with uconnect when using the voice dial feature.

When I say Call Dad, it says "ok, which number do you want to call?" I only have 1 number for him, but uconnect system shows it twice

1. Xxx-xxx-xxxx
2. Xxx-xxx-xxxx

So I'll say/press 1 and then it takes me to another screen with exact same option. "Ok, which number do you want to call?" And again it gives me 2 options with the same number.

Any way to force dial just the one number when using the prompt? And before I get her on "just use android auto, it's so much better!", Yes it is better, but sometimes I throw my phone in the back with my work stuff and forget to grab it to connect it to AA.

I did check my phone for duplicate entries and it's clear. It doesn't happen with all contacts, only some for some odd reason.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Try "call dad 1" or call dad mobile 1" etc.

Do you happen to have him in your contacts twice?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kolomari

Reaction score
Try "call dad 1" or call dad mobile 1" etc.

Do you happen to have him in your contacts twice?

If I do that, it throws me into a second screen with 2 exact numbers. I don't have him duplicated in my contacts.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Which phone or OS? The contacts you see on your phone aren’t necessarily all the contacts you have. Sometimes you have duplicate contacts from different accounts that may have been carried over from previous devices and maybe even old, unused accounts. These may not be visible in your phone unless you make them visible through your contacts/display settings. That’d be the first place I would check. Then use the most appropriate tool to either merge or delete any duplicates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kidder

Reaction score
Having an issue with uconnect when using the voice dial feature.

When I say Call Dad, it says "ok, which number do you want to call?" I only have 1 number for him, but uconnect system shows it twice

1. Xxx-xxx-xxxx
2. Xxx-xxx-xxxx

So I'll say/press 1 and then it takes me to another screen with exact same option. "Ok, which number do you want to call?" And again it gives me 2 options with the same number.

Any way to force dial just the one number when using the prompt? And before I get her on "just use android auto, it's so much better!", Yes it is better, but sometimes I throw my phone in the back with my work stuff and forget to grab it to connect it to AA.

I did check my phone for duplicate entries and it's clear. It doesn't happen with all contacts, only some for some odd reason.
I remember having this problem on my 2011 or 2016 Ram (guess I don't remember, LOL). I manually deleted the second contact in the address book via the radio.

Kolomari

Reaction score
I remember having this problem on my 2011 or 2016 Ram (guess I don't remember, LOL). I manually deleted the second contact in the address book via the radio.

Thing is I don't have a duplicate contact only number. Don't know how to delete the number. But it's not duplicated in my phone.

Kolomari

Reaction score
Which phone or OS? The contacts you see on your phone aren’t necessarily all the contacts you have. Sometimes you have duplicate contacts from different accounts that may have been carried over from previous devices and maybe even old, unused accounts. These may not be visible in your phone unless you make them visible through your contacts/display settings. That’d be the first place I would check. Then use the most appropriate tool to either merge or delete any duplicates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have and android phone. Thanks for the reply, will look into how to enable these hidden duplicate contacts.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
See if this helps...
Open your contacts and tap the 3 lines on the left under your name.
If the first line doesn't say "All contacts", tap it and change it to that.
76c417ac6933afe137741d2fbcb5063d.jpg
19260b5661634838dc4dda931c5c5032.jpg

Kolomari

Reaction score
See if this helps...
Open your contacts and tap the 3 lines on the left under your name.
If the first line doesn't say "All contacts", tap it and change it to that.
76c417ac6933afe137741d2fbcb5063d.jpg
19260b5661634838dc4dda931c5c5032.jpg

My phone is set for all contacts.. I will try to record a video of it tomorrow and upload it.

Users who are viewing this thread