5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect Cooling Fan Noise

Jstadick

Reaction score
My 12" UConnect system has developed an annoying fan noise. I believe there is a cooling fan(s)? in the unit and it's going bad or something has moved into the fans path. At first the dealer said it was "Normal". I insisted it wasn't and didn't make the noise for the first three weeks of ownership. After elevating to the service manager they opened a Star case with FCA to get approval to replace the whole unit as the fan(s) are built in. Not excited about the radio having to be replaced, but that noise has to go!

Anyone else had this or am I just the lucky one?

Ryanww

Reaction score
My 12" UConnect system has developed an annoying fan noise. I believe there is a cooling fan(s)? in the unit and it's going bad or something has moved into the fans path. At first the dealer said it was "Normal". I insisted it wasn't and didn't make the noise for the first three weeks of ownership. After elevating to the service manager they opened a Star case with FCA to get approval to replace the whole unit as the fan(s) are built in. Not excited about the radio having to be replaced, but that noise has to go!

Anyone else had this or am I just the lucky one?

Not to be "however" as you sure you are not hearing the noise the ventilated seats make when in use?

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to be "however" as you sure you are not hearing the noise the ventilated seats make when in use?
The vented seats do make a fair bit of fan noise if nothing else is making noise in the cabin. If the vents seats are off and you still have a loud fan noise, I'd say that may be worth getting fixed.

Jstadick

Reaction score
100 percent sure. Dealer has confirmed it's the fan in the radio unit.

Well, they confirmed it to be a fan noise, but after replacing the radio unit, the noise was still there. After 3 trips to the dealership, Turns out the cabin temperature sensor was loose. All they had to do was reattach it and all was good. (A lot cheaper than what they spent to replace the radio) I didn't see the part but guess it has a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread