5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Access & Text Reply via Speaking

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is Uconnect Access available on the 2019's? I did not see it listed on their webpage of vehicles, but I would figure it would be available for all new models now. I got my truck yesterday, and everything is great, except being forced to use Uconects predetermined Text Replies. It's annoying having to find what they are. I would much rather just speak my reply to have it sent as a text. Uconnect says it can do that as part of Uconnect Access. Is access provided as part of the included software? If so, which one? Uconnect, Guardian?

Has anyone been able to enter their text messages by speaking/dictating voice-to-text?

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I've not spent any time learning Uconnect, but know CarPlay does speech to text in mine. It also speaks incoming text. It's even polite enough to not mention the length of some texts from my wife!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But Car Play and Android Auto need to be plugged in via USB, right? Kinda defeats the ease of the wireless charging and also the full screen Nav.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
But Car Play and Android Auto need to be plugged in via USB, right? Kinda defeats the ease of the wireless charging and also the full screen Nav.
Yeah, CarPlay only works via USB. I don't have wireless charging or nav. The novelty of some of the tech will likely wear off on me.

Users who are viewing this thread