5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 8.4

Myk

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why dealerships say you cannot upgrade from a 8.4 -4 unconnect system to a 8.4 -4C Nav system in the new 2020 Rams. The standard 8.4 comes with Android or AppleCar play already installed which is all good while your in an area with data but I would prefer to save my data and use the built in system.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why dealerships say you cannot upgrade from a 8.4 -4 unconnect system to a 8.4 -4C Nav system in the new 2020 Rams. The standard 8.4 comes with Android or AppleCar play already installed which is all good while your in an area with data but I would prefer to save my data and use the built in system.

Makes zero sense to me. It’s all in the radio module not the screen itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paultg

Reaction score
This video is on the Uconnect YouTube channel. It’s from 2017.
seems to me (if accurate) you can do this yourself. Kind of curious what it costs.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The current Uconnect system (in the 5th gen Ram) cannot be updated to unlock nav. Older Uconnect systems (up to '17 in the 4th gen Rams) were able to add nav after the fact but that is no longer an option. You can replace it with a 8.4 or 12.1 unit with nav, but it can be pricy.

Or buy this guys used unit- https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/4c-8-4-nav-w-module-for-sale-in-mint-condition.21887/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread