5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UCONNECT 8.4 SOFTWARE UPDATE - FIXED MY USB MUSIC PROBLEM

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FINALLY! I had my truck in this week for some warranty work; which included complaints about UCONNECT. My Service Advisor told me that FCA had just released a UConnect 8.4 software update on the day I brought the truck in; so they downloaded and installed it. Well; it appears to have fixed my problems. It has not rebooted since I got it back. And most importantly; my USB music works perfectly now. It scans and reads my music files much more quickly and resumes where I left off; like it should. I am very happy about that!

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
That's great news.

Do you mind posting which new version you were updated to? I'm having uConnect issues myself (intermittent audio on all sources).

MoPowr84

Reaction score
I am curious as well. I was told twice by Chrysler assistance that there is no fix and because I had an existing claim for the same issue, they would not open another...

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I checked my Engineering Mode tonight, here is what I have:
From the SDAR Information - HW Version # 1.0.1, FW/SW Version 11.38.0
From the Radio Part Information Screen - HW Release # CPU_J6ECO 4.0 (BOARD_PV), FW/SW Version 182808/00182800/00182800, EQ Version 2018-7-26
From the Flash Loader Screen - Version # 182001

The invoice from my Service Department did not list the version numbers loaded; only that they did an update.

MoPowr84

Reaction score
I checked my Engineering Mode tonight, here is what I have:
From the SDAR Information - HW Version # 1.0.1, FW/SW Version 11.38.0
From the Radio Part Information Screen - HW Release # CPU_J6ECO 4.0 (BOARD_PV), FW/SW Version 182808/00182800/00182800, EQ Version 2018-7-26
From the Flash Loader Screen - Version # 182001

The invoice from my Service Department did not list the version numbers loaded; only that they did an update.
How do you enter engineering mode?

Sorry, if this has been discussed.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Can this update be done at home, or does it require dealer? Does it fix the loss of speed dial settings?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can this update be done at home, or does it require dealer? Does it fix the loss of speed dial settings?

I beleive this must be done at the Dealer. When I checked the UConnect site it said there were no updates available for my truck. However, when the Dealer looked; they saw that there was an update that my truck did not have. I don't know about the speed dial settings; that isn't anything I have even looked at.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I beleive this must be done at the Dealer. When I checked the UConnect site it said there were no updates available for my truck. However, when the Dealer looked; they saw that there was an update that my truck did not have. I don't know about the speed dial settings; that isn't anything I have even looked at.
I looked it up last night and it showed no updates.
On my 300, it would ask for current version, this did not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
I thought updates were only pushed OTA (over the air) by Uconnect and that dealers didn't have the ability to download updates?

From what I was told by the dealer - those uConnect systems without the built-in modem have to be manually updated via USB, like that TSB from November 5th for Radio Updates and Enhancements. Those with the built-in modem are OTA only. I believe the "C" in 8.4C and 12.1C means "connected".

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I have the Uconnect 8.4 without Nav and I can't seem to get into engineering mode. All it winds up doing is highlighting one of the icons to reorder the icons in the dock. What am I doing wrong?

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Took mine in for the recall, Thursday.
I had them do the firmware update (first dealer said they don't update, automatic over the air).
After a day and a half, I got it back and the USB acts as expected.
Waiting to see if it will keep my speed dial presets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

StevenS

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is the only thread I can find relating to USB connection issues. I feel that when using apple music, bluetooth sound quality is better than plugged directly into the USB port. USB gives intermittent quality throughout the songs, when skipping to the next track almost like a scratched CD right after the next track starts. Bluetooth I can crank it to full volume, with USB it stops at 22 and beyond that it doesn't increase. Hard to explain, I hope someone can help. thanks.

8.4" screen with base 6 speaker system
2019 RAM 2500 Bighorn Sport 6.7L Cummins

Users who are viewing this thread