5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 8.4 non nav phone favorites issue

Derwoodjones

Reaction score
All, I hope this back story can help solve my problem. When I first bought my Ram I was having intermittent backup cam issues where the camera would not turn on. The dealer could not replicate the issue and after 4 months of this happening I noticed that after sitting for 8 hours and if the temperature was below 0°F the camera would not come on for 20 minutes (I live in Wyoming so this happened almost every morning in the Winter). I parked the truck at the dealer overnight and guess what it finally did it where I could show the dealer the issue. They contacted Chrysler and opened up a star case. Then a month later they said they had to reflash the system to correct the issue. Since the flash now my phone favorites only stay programmed if I do not plug in for Android Auto. Showed the dealer so they again reflashed the system. Issue still persists but now Android Auto phone option only works half the time, I have to disconnect then reconnect the phone to get the phone mode to work. I do not want to reflash the system again as there is a new issues every time. I contacted Uconnect directly and they said they have no known issues similar to mine and I should work through the dealer. Anyone else having the same issue?

mike0012

Reaction score
All, I hope this back story can help solve my problem. When I first bought my Ram I was having intermittent backup cam issues where the camera would not turn on. The dealer could not replicate the issue and after 4 months of this happening I noticed that after sitting for 8 hours and if the temperature was below 0°F the camera would not come on for 20 minutes (I live in Wyoming so this happened almost every morning in the Winter). I parked the truck at the dealer overnight and guess what it finally did it where I could show the dealer the issue. They contacted Chrysler and opened up a star case. Then a month later they said they had to reflash the system to correct the issue. Since the flash now my phone favorites only stay programmed if I do not plug in for Android Auto. Showed the dealer so they again reflashed the system. Issue still persists but now Android Auto phone option only works half the time, I have to disconnect then reconnect the phone to get the phone mode to work. I do not want to reflash the system again as there is a new issues every time. I contacted Uconnect directly and they said they have no known issues similar to mine and I should work through the dealer. Anyone else having the same issue?
I have the same issue. I lose my phone presets when I plug in for Android auto. Did you make any progress on this?

Derwoodjones

Reaction score
no progress, I called uconnect and they told me that the favorites "do not save after the truck is turned off" but like your issue, they only disappear after AA is plugged in.

smankins

Reaction score
I have had the same thing happen to me twice - losing my phone favorites. The first time was after I used Android Auto one time. The next time the favorites stayed around after using Android Auto a few times then they disappeared again. PITA.

Derwoodjones

Reaction score
I received an email from Uconnect that my radio had an update but when I go to their site or the dealer, they say I have the latest software. I have become use to not having favorites on my uconnect.

sman301

Reaction score
I have this issue as well. Anyone found a fix yet?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

smankins

Reaction score
I have this issue as well. Anyone found a fix yet?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I haven't heard of a fix and mine still does it. There is no need to put in favorites because they will just disappear at some time. I plan to mention this to the dealer when I go in for my free oil change. Might be a while. I just reached 2,000 miles and I bought the truck in late July of this year.

sman301

Reaction score
Does anyone have this issue with apple CarPlay?

sman301 sman301 sman301

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what everyone is referring to but I have an iPhone and my favorites have never synced. My contacts, recent calls, etc. all sync but my favorites never have. Had a XS Max with IOS 12 and now have an 11 Pro Max with IOS 13.

Are the Uconnect favorites different from your phone favorites and have to be entered manually instead of syncing from your phone?

smankins

Reaction score
Not sure if this is what everyone is referring to but I have an iPhone and my favorites have never synced. My contacts, recent calls, etc. all sync but my favorites never have. Had a XS Max with IOS 12 and now have an 11 Pro Max with IOS 13.

Are the Uconnect favorites different from your phone favorites and have to be entered manually instead of syncing from your phone?
I'm talking about the favorites you enter in the Uconnect system that show up on the top of the screen. I think there are 6 of them. They are in the same spot as your SiriusXM and Radio presets when you switch screens to phone.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm talking about the favorites you enter in the Uconnect system that show up on the top of the screen. I think there are 6 of them. They are in the same spot as your SiriusXM and Radio presets when you switch screens to phone.

Gotcha. Never knew you were supposed to enter those manually. I thought they were supposed to sync from my phone and figured it was just another thing that didn’t work. I guess I’ll try entering them and see if they save for me.

Derwoodjones

Reaction score
After several updates on uconnect and AA, still have the same issues, I called uconnect and they told me the favorites will disappear anytime a new phone is connected. I guess when I plug in with AA, it thinks it is a new phone.

doolin64

Reaction score
Having this issue after using Android Auto in my '21 with the 12" screen.

What's strange is that I did not have this issue in my '20 Gladiator with 8.4

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10e

Users who are viewing this thread