5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 12" System with Ecodiesel

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
So on my 20 LH Ecodiesel - the UConnect has option to choose "Fuel Type" and then accordingly shows nearest gas stations and pricing.

Is there a way that my system can store Diesel as default fuel option ? Its PITA to have it changed everytime - one would think that once you choose the Diesel as preferred fuel type, like most other settings in the system, it will remember it - but on my truck it doesnt. Am i missing something ?

cwilsoniaff

Reaction score
Same problem here :( ..... did you find a solution or work around yet ?

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
Same problem here :( ..... did you find a solution or work around yet ?

Nope - its annoying that it wont remember last selection. New gen RAM 1500 is amazing ride - but I feel in many aspects ED owners are in limbo- like other thread about people not finding Oil Filters as easily as hemi oil filter etc.

Hopefully the ED will see some love with updates specific to our trucks.

hunter1234

Reaction score
I thought my 2016 would remember that, I'll check this afternoon. I have the 2020 on order with the 12" but I know from other posts they have changed a few things related to the new guardian versus the old Uconnect so it would be unfortunate if it did not remember the diesel setting. Sounds like they may have took a step backwards related to some of the functionality, it will be interesting to see if that is the case when I get the new one.

hunter1234

Reaction score
An update, on my 2016 with the 8 inch screen, under the apps/travel link when I select fuel and I believe it was settings I could default to 4 options regular, midlevel, premium and diesel. After that it has always come up with the diesel default. I would hope they kept the same functionality in the 12 inch but perhaps not.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So on my 20 LH Ecodiesel - the UConnect has option to choose "Fuel Type" and then accordingly shows nearest gas stations and pricing.

Is there a way that my system can store Diesel as default fuel option ? Its PITA to have it changed everytime - one would think that once you choose the Diesel as preferred fuel type, like most other settings in the system, it will remember it - but on my truck it doesnt. Am i missing something ?
The Fuel Type page on my 12" has check boxes to select the Default fuel type. That diesel selection stuck with me through at least 4 start/stope cycles. I'll see if it's there tomorrow and update.

Check your Uconnect version as well.

travelink1.jpg

uconnectver.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread