5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to decide

Nibis

Reaction score
Looking at two Laramies, one is a Sport, other is Off Road, both have the same options, except the Sport has LED head and fog lights. I'm kinda leaning toward the off road though, any pros or cons for either?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All Laramies have LED head/fog lights. I'm partial to the body colored bumpers/grille of the sport, but others like the chrome. The ORP has some nice features if you'll actually use it off road. Buy what you like and what you'll use.

Nibis

Reaction score
All Laramies have LED head/fog lights. I'm partial to the body colored bumpers/grille of the sport, but others like the chrome. The ORP has some nice features if you'll actually use it off road. Buy what you like and what you'll use.
Hmmm, I was looking at the window stickers and the sport said it had LED, no mention of it on the ORP, both have the sport appearance package. I'm not a chrome fan. I do live in a rural area and like the idea of a bit taller truck and the extra protection of the skid plates.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Keep looking until you find one with the sport AND the off-road group, like I did. ;)

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Max steel is one of my favorite colors. Wish I could have found one when I was looking.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Keep looking until you find one with the sport AND the off-road group, like I did. ;)
Agree !!! When salesman first pulled it up as it was the color I was looking for.
I thought 2 things - out of my price range & to busy looking. It wasn’t and it quickly grew on me!! 1.5 years later still look back at it every time I get out of it. sexy summbich

Cjccj4

Reaction score
I would honestly do lots of research on the problems these trucks are having and the headaches that come along with trying to get things fixed. I have had nothing but problems. I have 3 existing problems right now that it needs to be in the shop for. It has already been in the shop for 2 months out of the 8 months of ownership. I have 11,000 miles on it. I did like my truck a lot until all of these problems. I am just giving you a heads up. Be sure you're willing to deal with possible problems.

Nibis

Reaction score
I would honestly do lots of research on the problems these trucks are having and the headaches that come along with trying to get things fixed. I have had nothing but problems. I have 3 existing problems right now that it needs to be in the shop for. It has already been in the shop for 2 months out of the 8 months of ownership. I have 11,000 miles on it. I did like my truck a lot until all of these problems. I am just giving you a heads up. Be sure you're willing to deal with possible problems.
did you have a 2019 ? I had the same worries with my Jeep Cherokee , but have not had any issues

Nibis

Reaction score
Well, I got a price, seems pretty good, but Cjccj4, you got me second guessing.

Cjccj4

Reaction score
I am not rying to bash Ram, but there are a lot of problems. Just do your research. You can find lots of common problems on here and RamCares act like they have never heard about it. I really did like my truck and may even get another, just not his truck and I'll probably go 2500.

Nibis

Reaction score
So, Laramie ORG, Sport Appearance, 8.4 Nav for 46,096 , good price? That was all the rebates I qualified for, and my FCA affiliate

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

You could say the same thing about just about any truck manufacturer. Have you been to the Chevy or Ford boards?
I agree with you 100% about doing research before any vehicle purchase. It's part of being an informed buyer. But you'll find people posting about problems on any truck or car forum you go to. It's the nature of forums for people to do that. It's rare that someone starts a thread singing the praises of a vehicle they bought.

So, Laramie ORG, Sport Appearance, 8.4 Nav for 46,096 , good price? That was all the rebates I qualified for, and my FCA affiliate

That seems like an excellent price to me. I paid just under $50k for my Laramie with the options in my signature. I thought I got a decent deal for when I bought it. But it was right after the 2020's were hitting dealer lots. I know I could have done better if I'd have waited. But then again, I got and excellent price for my trade-in. So it's kind of a wash for me.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Seems like a decent price if it has all the options you want. Do it. You'll love it.

Nibis

Reaction score
Thanks, and I agree with what everyone says about problems , many people on forums do a lot of complaining cause they are looking for answers. This is not my first forum with the same issue. Thanks for the feedback !

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are lemons made by all brands. Fact.
I had an early build Limited 4x4 with eTorque (June 2018 build) and had it almost two years with no issues. I'm now on my second Limited. There are hundreds of thousands of these trucks that have no issues.

Last edited:

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As for the comment about RamCares. I have to disagree, in my personal situation and Issue with truck. Was/is quick and easy no. Will it get taken care of. I hope this week, I’ll be able to get back on that later.
They have pull & ability to make things happen you or I wouldn’t be able to just going in dealer and bitching about it. if it’s legitimate issue they will have your back. I may regretting saying this lol. Through the one main struggle I’ve had. Ram cares, case manager & even my Advisor were/are not the issue.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
With the options you are looking for, what not get a Rebel?

I got a rebel with the 12” screen, leather, 19 speaker HK system and Pano Sunroof for $48k

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the options you are looking for, what not get a Rebel?

I got a rebel with the 12” screen, leather, 19 speaker HK system and Pano Sunroof for $48k
You got a great deal then. I have the same thing and it was $50k before fees. MSRP was $59.9k. This was back in early Feb though.

Users who are viewing this thread