5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX on 37s?

sdog

Reaction score
Hi everyone, no0b here.

Just put in my order today.

Not sure if it's been brought up before but one of my complaints with my now sold gen 2 raptor was the inability to fit 37s without cutting.

Will this be an issue as well on the TRX?
I believe the original concept truck was wearing them.

Thanks

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone, no0b here.

Not sure if it's been brought up before but one of my complaints with my now sold gen 2 raptor was the inability to fit 37s without cutting.

Thanks
Well, FCA stated the bed spare tire mount will fit 37s. Wonder how else they’d know that if they hadn’t tried? Otherwise, it’ll be impossible to know without dimensions.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just remember there is only one tire in the world right now that is able to keep up with the TRX and that is the one it came with. Curious if they have it ready in a 37 inch.

I would venture to guess the truck is designed for 37s to fit...much like the Powerwagon comes with 33s and the 35s fit very well.

Just my opinion no real answer yet.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just remember there is only one tire in the world right now that is able to keep up with the TRX and that is the one it came with. Curious if they have it ready in a 37 inch.

I would venture to guess the truck is designed for 37s to fit...much like the Powerwagon comes with 33s and the 35s fit very well.

Power Wagon will fit 37’s stock height with some plastic trimming I believe. No idea about the TRX, but hopefully

Last edited:

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few pennies south of $90k.

I can't even two tone so blacked out for me, no beadlocks for ocd matchy matchy xconsiderations, but other than that every launch option clicked.
Did they print out any coupons for you on the back of that piece of paper? :ROFLMAO: Congrats on the truck! I’m with you on the two tone.... can’t stand it

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The fact that they were talking about the spare tire rack fitting 37s makes me think yes when combined with one other fact:
- The Raptor is 6inches wider, in order to accommodate 35s.
There's "fitting" the tire into the wheel wells and the bodywork, but the concern is the "jounce" aspect.
When the truck gets jumped, and the tires get pushed up into the bodywork, NOW what tire fits.
That is a much different demand than the "Does my tire rub in the parking lot at full lock" standard.
When this 6,500lb beast gets jumped and the tires get pushed hard up into the body, NOW what fits.

The raptor is designed to fit those big 35in tires, with the bounce, with the travel, etc.
It's 6in wider.
The TRX, is what, 8inches wider?
Not an accident, like everything else on this truck, it was on purpose.

I think they can take a 36 or a 37.
The tradeoffs: Now it can't do 120mph, might effect the load rating, the heavier tires will effect the payload (Add 10lbs per side and now we're "down" to the 1200s), and the 0-60 won't be as fast.
All those things would effect the bragging rights vs raptor, and the absolute pistol-whipping the hellcat engine is putting on the ecoboost.
It may also effect the traction on pavement in terms of cornering, launching, absolute speed, etc.
It will probably eat mud terrain tires in burnouts by accident :ROFLMAO:

My guess? sight unseen? Yes it will fit larger than 35s, and if you do it, it's your choice with the tradeoffs associated with doing that.

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
The fact that they were talking about the spare tire rack fitting 37s makes me think yes when combined with one other fact:
- The Raptor is 6inches wider, in order to accommodate 35s.
There's "fitting" the tire into the wheel wells and the bodywork, but the concern is the "jounce" aspect.
When the truck gets jumped, and the tires get pushed up into the bodywork, NOW what tire fits.
That is a much different demand than the "Does my tire rub in the parking lot at full lock" standard.
When this 6,500lb beast gets jumped and the tires get pushed hard up into the body, NOW what fits.

The raptor is designed to fit those big 35in tires, with the bounce, with the travel, etc.
It's 6in wider.
The TRX, is what, 8inches wider?
Not an accident, like everything else on this truck, it was on purpose.

I think they can take a 36 or a 37.
The tradeoffs: Now it can't do 120mph, might effect the load rating, the heavier tires will effect the payload (Add 10lbs per side and now we're "down" to the 1200s), and the 0-60 won't be as fast.
All those things would effect the bragging rights vs raptor, and the absolute pistol-whipping the hellcat engine is putting on the ecoboost.
It may also effect the traction on pavement in terms of cornering, launching, absolute speed, etc.
It will probably eat mud terrain tires in burnouts by accident :ROFLMAO:

My guess? sight unseen? Yes it will fit larger than 35s, and if you do it, it's your choice with the tradeoffs associated with doing that.

For what it’s worth, the extended width of these trucks has nothing to do with fitting larger tires. The width is a byproduct of longer front a-arms. Extending the front a-arms is how you get more suspension travel on an a-arm suspension configuration. The width these are extended directly related to wheel travel (think geometry). Ford and Ram fit 35’s on the two trucks we are talking about here with a combination of suspension lift and fender design.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I doubt 37’s will fit in the normal spare tire location under the bed but I don’t know this for certain. You then would have to carry that big spare in an already small bed. Leaving very little room for any additional cargo.

VEGASTRX

Reaction score
Hi everyone, no0b here.

Thanks
I ordered one as well spoke to FCA engineers, they said the truck is absolutely not designed to run 37s. They also said you will find the limits of many components by going up to a 37"- They said this is a lot of HP and that going to that big or heavy of a tire is not at all advisable. - with that said Ill for sure be putting 37s on mine

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I would totally love to get rid of the wheels if I got a trx. They are super ugly. However, they specially made that tire for the trx. And anything else will be below that quality standard. Not sure ya know. Depends on what you like I guess.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would totally love to get rid of the wheels if I got a trx. They are super ugly. However, they specially made that tire for the trx. And anything else will be below that quality standard. Not sure ya know. Depends on what you like I guess.
What that truck is capable of—on and off road—on those factory tires is impressive.

cubsfaninsc

Reaction score
A few pennies south of $90k.

I can't even two tone so blacked out for me, no beadlocks for ocd matchy matchy xconsiderations, but other than that every launch option clicked.
That's where I get my Ram serviced, down on Rivers Ave. Hopefully I will be seeing your TRX driving through town!

Jrex

Reaction score
FCA engineers, said the truck is absolutely not designed to run 37s. They also said you will find the limits of many components by going up to a 37"- They said this is a lot of HP and that going to that big or heavy of a tire is not at all advisable. - with that said Ill for sure be putting 37s on mine

If you put bigger tires on, 35" to 37", would this possibly cause warranty issues?

Say you brake an axel or something in drive train or dynamic suspension and they come back and say, you voided the warranty by putting larger than design spec tires and or wheels, which truck was not designed for?

I have to believe a TRX with a voided warranty, would be really expensive to maintain, if your taking it to off road track or going off road with it, every weekend or even every month. I guess you could always, just put the stock wheels and tires back on, before towing it to a dealer for warranty repair.

Just curious how FCA, FORD, GM would handle this?

Users who are viewing this thread