5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX in a single stall garage?

LoRAM

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a TRX in a standard sized 1 car garage - without an extra few inches in either direction? I have a 2019 RAM that fits with a few inches to spare on the front and rear, and it’s a fairly tight squeeze to open the door and squeeze up to the entry door into the kitchen.

The entrance to the home is at the drivers side corner, and I’ve put off thoughts of a TRX simply due to my belief that it would completely render the entrance from the garage inaccessible. BUT, I really want a TRX and simple math tells me it would be feasible… and if I need to enter from the front door, or the separate two-car entrance, that it would be worth it! Anyone who can share some real-life experiences?

The separate two car is not an option, the wife’s kid-hauling Palisade resides there - and the ability to open both rear doors without hitting anything is a requirement for that garage… unfortunately!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my TRX a week ago, and haven’t yet tried to put it in the garage. I have a three-car garage, but it has steel columns between each stall (since I have a couple of stories above it). So it is going to be TIGHT if it fits at all. Height-wise, I think I’ll have 1/2” of clearance. But width-wise, I don’t think it’s going to work. Even with the mirrors folded in, it will require a shoe horn.
i don’t really plan to park it inside regularly, but wanted to make sure it could in case of severe weather (like tornadoes or hail). That said, we are under a tornado watch tonight and I’m freaking out about the truck outside.
This is one of the reasons I’m thinking that the TRX won’t be my forever truck. It’s a beast, and beasts belong outdoors or in very large cages.

LoRAM

Reaction score
I just got my TRX a week ago, and haven’t yet tried to put it in the garage. I have a three-car garage, but it has steel columns between each stall (since I have a couple of stories above it). So it is going to be TIGHT if it fits at all. Height-wise, I think I’ll have 1/2” of clearance. But width-wise, I don’t think it’s going to work. Even with the mirrors folded in, it will require a shoe horn.
i don’t really plan to park it inside regularly, but wanted to make sure it could in case of severe weather (like tornadoes or hail). That said, we are under a tornado watch tonight and I’m freaking out about the truck outside.
This is one of the reasons I’m thinking that the TRX won’t be my forever truck. It’s a beast, and beasts belong outdoors or in very large cages.
Hope the weather cooperated. Unfortunate news for me, but let me know how it goes if you attempt to cram it in at a later date!

Has anyone successfully shoehorned a TRX into a single stall garage?

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Hope the weather cooperated. Unfortunate news for me, but let me know how it goes if you attempt to cram it in at a later date!

Has anyone successfully shoehorned a TRX into a single stall garage?
I doubt it will fit in a standard width garage. Those 3 lights under the hood scoop are clearance lights, required when a vehicle exceeds a certain width. I don't think many 1 ton trucks are parked inside standard garages

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it will fit in a standard width garage. Those 3 lights under the hood scoop are clearance lights, required when a vehicle exceeds a certain width. I don't think many 1 ton trucks are parked inside standard garages
The track on a TRX is exactly 6” wider than a Rebel (84.5” vs. 78.5”)

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Clearance lights are required at 80" a Rebel does not meet those requirements. Also, not sure if those specifications include mirrors, but definitely sure it doesn't include door(s) opening, which plays a factor in garage sizing and such Screenshot_20211211-115739_Google.jpg

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct, but the fenders are still narrower then the mirrors. I park my Big horn in a single car garage and The mirrors have a couple inches of clearance at the opening. That said it’s an 8 foot wide door, lots of people have tiny 7’ wide doors which you would have to fold the mirrors and I don’t think a TRX would go through that.

truckless

Reaction score

I hear ya. My father in law always teases me about how I baby my trucks and "don't even treat it like a truck" so I remind him he built a $150,000 trailer queen of a show car he doesn't even drive....to which he coughs and sputters LOL

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Correct, but the fenders are still narrower then the mirrors. I park my Big horn in a single car garage and The mirrors have a couple inches of clearance at the opening. That said it’s an 8 foot wide door, lots of people have tiny 7’ wide doors which you would have to fold the mirrors and I don’t think a TRX would go through that.
I believe a little under 8' with mirrors out and a little over 7' with mirrors in.

Techna

Reaction score
I doubt it will fit. If by chance it does you probably won't be able to open the doors to get in or out of it. Dont know where you live but you may want to start looking at those "portable" carport/garages. Something similar to this https://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-17-ft-portable-garage-62860.html
Why would the doors be an issue? The TRX is only wider at the fenders and the wheels isn’t it? Seems like you’d be fine getting out of the truck if you can roll it in.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why would the doors be an issue? The TRX is only wider at the fenders and the wheels isn’t it? Seems like you’d be fine getting out of the truck if you can roll it in.
I "think" the TRX has the same cab. But there's a small amount of doubt in my mind, only because the aftermarket console vaults for a regular 1500 aren't sized correctly for a TRX.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
No idea what's different with the trx, I dont have one. If the truck barely fits in then it will be tight all around.

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a TRX in a standard sized 1 car garage - without an extra few inches in either direction? I have a 2019 RAM that fits with a few inches to spare on the front and rear, and it’s a fairly tight squeeze to open the door and squeeze up to the entry door into the kitchen.

The entrance to the home is at the drivers side corner, and I’ve put off thoughts of a TRX simply due to my belief that it would completely render the entrance from the garage inaccessible. BUT, I really want a TRX and simple math tells me it would be feasible… and if I need to enter from the front door, or the separate two-car entrance, that it would be worth it! Anyone who can share some real-life experiences?

The separate two car is not an option, the wife’s kid-hauling Palisade resides there - and the ability to open both rear doors without hitting anything is a requirement for that garage… unfortunately!
You'll be fine width wise. My TRX fits (barley) without having to fold in the mirrors. Just make sure you have at least 82" of height.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You'll be fine width wise. My TRX fits (barley) without having to fold in the mirrors. Just make sure you have at least 82" of height.
...unless you have a Rambar. Then you need a little bit more. My garage is right at 82", and the Rambar just won't make it in.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
This. If the truck fits you’ll be able to open your door just as much as you can now

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone pull a tape on their regular 1500? Roll down the windows and hook the end into the slot where the window goes down in to. The measure to the same spot across the cab.
My TRX measures 70-5/8" there.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Can someone pull a tape on their regular 1500? Roll down the windows and hook the end into the slot where the window goes down in to. The measure to the same spot across the cab.
My TRX measures 70-5/8" there.
Just measured mine, it’s the same. These trucks have identical cabs.

Users who are viewing this thread