5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Door Emblem Swap, Add Hellcat Emblem.

Jrex

Reaction score
TRX rear emblem and Hellcat Emblem are exact same color. Except Hellcat does not have the gloss black interior edges like the TRX emblem.

1613319932567.jpeg

Jrex

Reaction score
I dont like the giant RAM on rear tailgate. It looks like they are just emblems, like door emblem, just adhesive holding them on?

Thinking of removing giant "RAM" tailgate emblem and replacing with custom TRX center tailgate emblem, that is an exact size match for the Ram, rear tailgate emblem on non rebel/TRX trucks. Leaving stock TRX and 4x4 tailgate emblems at bottom of tailgate.

I matched the gloss black paint, the graphite, darked out emblems and tied in the red from the hood emblems and tail lights.

1613320526389.png

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It’s not just tape. The rear tailgate emblem is held by tabs and adhesive.

8E31EA79-07C4-41CA-BB8F-4122D6E14371.jpeg

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I dont like the giant RAM on rear tailgate. It looks like they are just emblems, like door emblem, just adhesive holding them on?

Thinking of removing giant "RAM" tailgate emblem and replacing with custom TRX center tailgate emblem, that is an exact size match for the Ram, rear tailgate emblem on non rebel/TRX trucks. Leaving stock TRX and 4x4 tailgate emblems at bottom of tailgate.

I matched the gloss black paint, the graphite, darked out emblems and tied in the red from the hood emblems and tail lights.

View attachment 82802
The large RAM logo on the TRX tailgate has adhesive tape, but there are are holes in tailgate for the alignment tabs for each letter. You would need to weld the holes shut and repaint the tailgate. That or swap tailgates with someone that has the standard emblem and not the RAM letters.
Screenshot_20210214-143553.png

Last edited:

Jrex

Reaction score
The large RAM logo on the TRX tailgate has adhesive tape, but there are are holes in tailgate for the alignment tabs for each letter. You would need to weld the holes shut and repaint the tailgate. That or swap tailgates with someone that has the standard emblem and not the RAM letters.
View attachment 82824

Yeah that shoots that idea down. Hoping it was just a decal.

thanks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
View attachment 82824
Ahh, I misunderstood. When I saw his pic I thought he had the RAM head logo.

Cheers,

Jrex

Reaction score
Ahh, I misunderstood. When I saw his pic I thought he had the RAM head logo.

Cheers,

No worries, I appreciate the info. Butchering up a brand new tailgate is just too much, with perfect mirror black finish.

I ended up down sizing the original logo RAM head horn logo to 5"x 4.5". It now fits perfectly between the RAM letters and tailgate bottom curve. Flow and layout looks really natural. Need to take picture farther away from truck to show entire rear end and dimensional look.

The color combo looks really good with matching colors, gloss black, graphite and red. The TREX head is a silver and grey carbon fiber, that when head lights hit it, reflect the TREX head back to cars behind it at night. You can see from picture, just flash of smart phone, its sorta glowing in daylight.

1613397556377.png

Inspiration went off of the classic Viper GEN2 Viper logo Snaky Pete. 2D Viper head with background snake scales, coiled and popping up to strike with fangs out and a little smirk on his face. Saying, dont even think about it.

1613396492314.png

Just brought TREX head emblem to 21st century. TREX head is full 3D emblem with different colors and material layers, Different carbon fiber colors to give dino scale/skin effect, has all the nasty teeth showing and another slight smirk on his face saying, dont even think about it. Just good fun.

saylor

Reaction score
on that tailgate emblem whats the base plastic piece you started out with boss?

GoRamGo

Reaction score
I have a question for you regarding the hood I am not sure if it has been talked about before but to your knowledge do you believe the hood would fit on a 2019 ram

Jrex

Reaction score
on that tailgate emblem whats the base plastic piece you started out with boss?
I have a guy who makes these awesome custom badges, just send him your inspiration ideas, and he draws it, with multiple options, then you pick your colors and materials. Top quality, they last, but not inexpensive.

Jrex

Reaction score
I have a question for you regarding the hood I am not sure if it has been talked about before but to your knowledge do you believe the hood would fit on a 2019 ram
I believe so.

When I picked up my TRX, the Hellcat tech that prepped the truck had measured the hood and side fenders. He said they will all fit on a regular DT RAM. The tech had a black Rebel and was going to get the hood and 4 fenders, when available to purchase from MOPAR.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I was gonnna ask, can’t you use a 5th gen tailgate to eliminate the holes? I figure it’s the same.

elarson6772

Reaction score
TRX rear emblem and Hellcat Emblem are exact same color. Except Hellcat does not have the gloss black interior edges like the TRX emblem.

View attachment 82800
If you don’t mind me asking, what emblems did you use for this? OEM? Part numbers? Aftermarket?

Thanks in advance. Looks great.

Jrex

Reaction score
If you don’t mind me asking, what emblems did you use for this? OEM? Part numbers? Aftermarket?

Thanks in advance. Looks great.

No problem,

For $32.00 each and free shipping, right to your door in 3 days or less is probably best enhancement you can get for the TRX.

The width of the TRX OEM rear tailgate emblem/nameplate is slightly shorter than the OEM side front door RAM emblem, by a 1/4" to 3/8" . The height is the same, so its basically a perfect fit.

On my black truck, its not as noticeable as other colors, but it really makes it stand out and uniquely identifies it from side. This was the first thing I noticed and wanted to change.

New Mopar TRX Nameplate Emblem
Part # 68443190AC

1613559065146.png

1613559111909.png

If you use eBay, I just find it easier to find the part and # on ebay. It usually gets shipped the same day, right to your door, with 3 days minus Sundays/holidays.

I have bought from both of these eBay sellers, (click on highlighted links below), with no issues, everything is MOPAR OEM original, in sealed packaging.

eBay Avondale Mopar Parts - Save $3.00 each.

eBay Steve White Mopar Parts

The TRX Emblem/nameplate is packaged the same way the Hellcat emblems are, Mopar exterior plastic bag, emblem protected in an exterior foam surround to protect from breakage and is just a white backed, peal and stick layer to remove for application.

The TRX emblem is a plastic composite (dark grey exterior and top lines, interior lines of TRX emblem are a gloss black to give it that 3D look and clear in center to allow you paint color to flow thru, just like a Hellcat emblem.

Enjoy,

1613558983607.png

Jrex

Reaction score
The other thing, I added to was, the dash top center storage area with AC plug in it, that say "RAM".

1613561187288.png

Quick fix for that (see link below) and really looks good/stock.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-20-Dodge-Charger-Dash-Instrument-Panel-Plaque-Nameplate-Emblem-Hellcat-Logo/392492199100?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Covers RAM letters on top center dash trim perfectly and matches TRX red drivers logo, TRX launch red button and red start button. Can't even tell it says RAM underneath it.

1613562384442.png

1613561852395.png

1613561572861.png

1613561728098.png

These are just personal preferences, but I think it addresses the areas that used the standard, general parts bin shared parts, from regular 5th GEN DT RAM.

Working on RAM head logo on steering wheel now.

Last edited:

aaronb03

Reaction score
Anyone make a large "TRX" emblem that would replace the "RAM" on the tailgate?

HEMI4ME2

Reaction score
Something like this?? Thats as small as you can make it where it covers all the holes.

TRX REAR.jpg Tailgate.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread