5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck stinks

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
I have a brand new 2020 ram 1500 sport with 2000kms and it stinks inside I have pressured washed the husky liners, dried them, put a odor bomb in the truck with the ac on and still stinks only when the truck is parked (not driving) is this a thing with rams?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you located in a warmer climate where you are currently using the a/c? a/c drain tube may be clogged/not draining creating the smell. I have seen some other threads on here discussing this issue.

Last edited:

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol yeah prob not a lot of a/c use going on right now for you but If you started noticing the smell when you turn on the a/c that could be your culprit.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remove your cabin filter and see if it got wet, I have to turn my hvac fan off completely when I go through the car wash or my filter gets full of soap suds.

Bigga826

Reaction score
I have a brand new 2020 ram 1500 sport with 2000kms and it stinks inside I have pressured washed the husky liners, dried them, put a odor bomb in the truck with the ac on and still stinks only when the truck is parked (not driving) is this a thing with rams?
Check front carpets under weather mats for moisture. If its damp you might have a leak behind your fender.

Mike67

Reaction score
Also check behind your back seats to see if it is damp, there is a thread showing where the drain plugs from the bed can come loose and how to check.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are all these common problems?

Ugh....I don't want to have to take this thing to the stealership, plus I'm not good at finding these drain plugs etc
I wouldn't say "common problems" but def known problems. I personally have not experienced any of them so not much help here but if you search this forum you will probably find easy fixes to some of them. I hope you figure it out....great info on this forum, you just have to do a little digging.

EDIT: I did have a leaking third brake, easy fix with new seal before water damage occured.

Last edited:

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
third brake light, cab vent, drain plugs, rear window seal crack, lots of possibile leaks. i would assume you got some snow/ice melt that found its way in a leak path. try and find wet headliner/carpet and we an help narrow it down.

i don't own one yet, but i'm already bracing for some quick fixes.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a brand new truck, I've NEVER had any type of these issues, how is this possible? Do I take it to the dealer

Problems with a brand new truck at any price point suck, but they mass produce so many of these that there is bound to be a few with issues.

If you can’t find any signs of water intrusion check the air filter, other than that I’m not so sure. The new material will off gas for the first few weeks/months but should be an offensive smell.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are not maintenance savvy at all then that's probably your best bet. I personally hate dealerships so I like to eliminate all possibilities by myself and use the dealership as last scenario.

Last edited:

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
Ok, I'm prepared to take my truck into the stealership get them to fix the stink. What do I say to them? Like this is a known problem etc....

The smell isn't terrible but its there, its more prominent when the truck is parked for a long periods of time or overnight....this pisses me off as my truck has 2500kms on it....and I can't find the issue

Users who are viewing this thread