5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck not recognizing trailer?

Shootin' Nuke

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to put a trailer behind my new Ram this week. The truck ran great and pulled just as expected. The trailer was a 27' car hauler that has been converted into a parade float.

The only thing I noticed was that after hooking up the 7 pin connection and testing the lights (which all worked) my rear ParkSense was still active when I shifted to reverse. Also, the trip meter in the "Trailer" page of the dash display did not record any mileage while the trailer was connected. Everything else, including the trailer brakes, seemed to work.

I thought that the rear ParkSense would automatically deactivate when a trailer was plugged in. Anyone else have an issue like this?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This has been covered multiple times on the forum, the ITBC and the Trailer Mileage Tracker as well as the auto rear sonar disable, does not recognize trailers without trailer brakes. If your trailer has functioning electric brakes, and you still experience this problem, then there may be an issue with your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread