5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck makes phone call in start up

shanora

Reaction score
So I had my 2019 ram into the dealership this week, so I had a loaner (2019 dodge Durango) and connected my phone to that vehicle. If I command started the vehicle, as I got close to it my phone (Android - Samsung S10) would connect to it and would make a phone call to "mom". Which I determined was my cell number. It did this everytime I either command started the vehicle or got into it and started it. I figured it was just a weird setting with the Durango. Except I got my truck back today and now it's doing this in my truck. It never used to do this prior too getting the loaner.
I can't figure out if I turned on a setting on my phone by connecting to the Durango or what. I've checked all me settings, reset my phone, disconnected my phone from the truck. Nothing fixes it.

Anyone run into this and maybe know how to stop it or turn it off. It's super annoying.
aea37088fb223471a05645abd17da0bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Danieln99

Reaction score
Mine does this once in awhile too... not sure what causes it. My grand Cherokee did the same thing

gdeekhoff

Reaction score
My phone has started doing the same thing. Each time it connects to either my truck or my wife's Pacifica van, it starts a call to 100-000-00. Any ideas why this is happening?

IMG_20200203_080628583.jpg

shanora

Reaction score
So I finally figured out how to stop it after spending almost 45 minutes sitting in the truck on Sunday, deactivating different types of permissions for almost every app in my phone, which wasn't working. So I disconnected my phone (again!!) from my truck, and then reconnected it again, and it asked for permission to have access to my "contacts" and "messages" (see picture below - which you can see are not on), to which I must have selected allow before, but I selected deny this time, and I haven't had the calling issue since. So hopefully this helps everyone else. If you have an apple phone...I'm not sure how this would equate in your settings for your connected Bluetooth devices.

d55a2183b922b28f59d47b45cfbf51e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread