5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip Computer on my 12" Uconnect Nav system

howie12

Reaction score
My 2020 1500 Longhorn with the 12" Uconnect system seems to have no Trip computer. When I follow the manuals instructions and push the info button I only get 3 choices, Traffic, Contry/State and GPS. I do not get the 4th choice of Trip Computer as the manual shows. I have posted 3 pics below. no 204 shows the manual instructions, no 199 shows a pic of my screen with the info button shown and number 200 shows the choices I get when I select info. I Called Uconnect help and they were no help and told me to go to the delaer. Drove 50 mles to the dealer and he couldn't fix it and had no suggestions.

Anyone out there able to get a trip computer on their 12 system? My truck is a 2020 Longhorn that I took delivery of mid December.

P1020199.JPG P1020200.JPG P1020204.JPG

Kooch80

Reaction score
did you check after putting in a location for it to navigate to? no trip information if there is no trip.

gmab

Reaction score
I’ve never seen it as well on my 12” screen. Guess I assumed it was something else that wasn’t implemented.

Zeeya

Reaction score
I will check it out. I use it all the time, but have not noticed "trip computer" on it. Mine is a 19 with the 12"

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2020 1500 Longhorn with the 12" Uconnect system seems to have no Trip computer. When I follow the manuals instructions and push the info button I only get 3 choices, Traffic, Contry/State and GPS. I do not get the 4th choice of Trip Computer as the manual shows. I have posted 3 pics below. no 204 shows the manual instructions, no 199 shows a pic of my screen with the info button shown and number 200 shows the choices I get when I select info. I Called Uconnect help and they were no help and told me to go to the delaer. Drove 50 mles to the dealer and he couldn't fix it and had no suggestions.

Anyone out there able to get a trip computer on their 12 system? My truck is a 2020 Longhorn that I took delivery of mid December.

View attachment 44986 View attachment 44987 View attachment 44988
Here’s mine (2019 Longhorn, August 2018 build):
8243D41A-7F32-40BF-A36E-9F973561860B.jpeg

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Mine has the trip computer. You just have to tap the bottom center more information to get to it

howie12

Reaction score
Here’s mine (2019 Longhorn, August 2018 build):
View attachment 45040
Well that is good news. It means the system can do it. I just have to figure out what I am doing wrong or what is wrong with my system. It worked fine on my 2014 with the 8" screen. Can you tell me the steps you use to get to it please?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well that is good news. It means the system can do it. I just have to figure out what I am doing wrong or what is wrong with my system. It worked fine on my 2014 with the 8" screen. Can you tell me the steps you use to get to it please?
I think @DakotaRam stated it just above.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Unless it is no longer available since you have a 2020. By the looks of it you are on the right screen we’re it should be at. My screen looks the same as SpeedyV ‘s. Or maybe the owners manual hasn’t been revised.

howie12

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. In summary it confirms that at least on the 2019s it was there on the 12" system and that the procedure from the manual is how those of you that have used it are getting there so it seems I am using the correct procedure. I wrote an email to Ram/Mopar/FCA customer care with a detailed description of the problem. We'll see what I get back and I will post it up here.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Unless it is no longer available since you have a 2020. By the looks of it you are on the right screen we’re it should be at. My screen looks the same as SpeedyV ‘s. Or maybe the owners manual hasn’t been revised.
I have a 2019 Limited that was built in March of 2019 and I don't have it available on my truck. I have tried many different things to get it and I can't seem to get it to pull up. It appears that FCA took it out sometime in the Mid 2019 model year run.

howie12

Reaction score
Today I got an email from FCA saying it is best to deal with this on the phone to resolve the issue and they asked for a time and date this week and they would call me. I am expecting their call about 1000CST Tuesday. WE'll see what they say.

howie12

Reaction score
Well the Customer care folks called this morning as they promised. Unfortunately the lady that called couldn't help with the roblem. She just wanted to 1-be sure she understood the problem, 2-confirm I should have a trip computer that works on my system and 3-pass this onto an expert once she was sure she understood my problem. Interestingly she advised that even though their system allows the attachment of photographs they usually don't make it through the firewall and she couldn't see the pics I attached to my email.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine has it also, but never use it since it has never been accurate.
Even when new, my vehicle showed ~600 miles on the odometer. I believe others had similar issues. I just use the one on the cluster since that one always works.

howie12

Reaction score
a short update. After a long painful process I will not get into today I finally talked to someone knowledgeable at U-connect. We could actually communicate, he understood what I was saying, Iwas able to send him emails with pictures of my screen as I posted above. He confirmed that all the information he has available at the moment says the Trip computer should work and he said he would get to work figuring out what the problem might be. The first bit of optimism I have gotten from anyone at the dealer or ram on this.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
a short update. After a long painful process I will not get into today I finally talked to someone knowledgeable at U-connect. We could actually communicate, he understood what I was saying, Iwas able to send him emails with pictures of my screen as I posted above. He confirmed that all the information he has available at the moment says the Trip computer should work and he said he would get to work figuring out what the problem might be. The first bit of optimism I have gotten from anyone at the dealer or ram on this.
I don’t have it on my 8/18 build date. Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread