5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission cooler

blakei

Reaction score
I think all the 5.7L hemi engines come with a transmission cooler... I have lines running back to the tranny but it's hard to see how big the cooler actually is. When I looked into it before purchasing, I think the 1500 didn't really have a "tow package" that was needed to get the cooler - it was already included. We are going to be doing some towing during July so I am interested to know if people are installing BIGGER coolers.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my experience towing travel trailers (3500 miles towing on the 2019 and 12000 miles towing with a 2015) the transmission is very well cooled from the factory. The transmission temperatures just don’t rise much, even on long grades.

Engine oil temperature is a different story. It’s definitely higher when towing and will climb further on long grades.

jermball623

Reaction score
Pulling my 7.5k camper in the rolling hills of the ozarks my trans never got over 200. As much shifting as i was doing going up and down and around s curves. I was pretty impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/