5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Tow Mirror Debacle: SOLVED ! ............... (warning: contains graphic images )

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You went from a Limited Ram to a King Ranch F-150 all over the tow mirrors? Dont' get me wrong, the Ford's a beautiful truck too, just trying to understand. At the end of the day, whatever makes ya happy man!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hope it works out for you. I dont know anything about Fords, but it looks like a nice truck.

Ram should have just stopped using tow mirrors on the 1500. Keep us posted on how you like the truck and any differences between Ram and Ford.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Hope it works out for you. I dont know anything about Fords, but it looks like a nice truck.

Ram should have just stopped using tow mirrors on the 1500. Keep us posted on how you like the truck and any differences between Ram and Ford.

I agree... The dealership I purchased my truck from only had limited with tow mirrors.. I saw that that have 6 more limiteds coming all with tow mirrors.. Confuses me after reading that most don't want them.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really like my Limited so this was a difficult and hard decision, ..... and a expensive one, ....but the horse is well and truly dead ..........and gone. For me, this was the right thing to do.

View attachment 17579
Nice looking truck. To your point, are you saying those are power fold out trailer mirrors? Any pics of how they work? How much was the truck and with what options? Would be an interesting comparison if done straight up... if power fold trailer mirrors were your most important priority of course.

Moving to competition section so folks can find this if they are looking.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. Enjoy your more expensive downgrade sorry not what I would have done. Good luck

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not trying to stir anything but that F-150 looks outdated now. It happens to all vehicles but this one shows.

fireron

Reaction score
For myself...anyone who would go to that extreme expense over power folding mirrors must really, really love power folding mirrors. There is no explanation for some folks obsessions. And then back to an old outdated Ford platform.

Hope he enjoys those very expensive mirrors.

Last edited:

NDanecker

Reaction score
I sold a couple month old 2013 Ram 3500 because once I towed heavy with it I knew I wanted different gears and AISIN over the crappy 68rfe transmission. I ordered a 2014 with the same color and features just so people at work wouldn't think I'm nuts BUT I STAYED WITH A RAM! LOL

With that said I respect & fully understand what he did. Ya only live once so whatever makes ya happy. Good luck! :)

robbiele

Reaction score
Wow! I've done some crazy things in my time, however most of mine involved women. The money growing trees must grow better in your neck of the woods than mine.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know what, "Old Ray"( 74 years of age according to his profile and happens to be mine too} is right, life is too damn short, particularly at this end of the scale. If different tow mirrors make you happy, then, hell yes, go for it. As it turns out, that is why I traded in a perfectly great 2011 Avalanche for the 2019 Ram Limited. I loved it when I first saw it and did my test drive. Did I need it, absolutely not, but, life is short...so, hell yes!

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree... The dealership I purchased my truck from only had limited with tow mirrors.. I saw that that have 6 more limiteds coming all with tow mirrors.. Confuses me after reading that most don't want them.

Some dealers, including mine, did not know what features are lost when selecting tow mirrors. So they ordered them with it

1Raider

Reaction score
There are some things I liked from the F150 I had over this Ram but not enough to trade back just yet.. Lol
I do however liked how solid everything felt on the Ford over my Ram,just closing the doors etc.

Now if I can get the rattle fixed in the floor board that I feel and the recalls taken care of,(Battery recall,Adj pedals) plus im getting all kinds of clicking noises etc from around the transfer case area when I start my truck.
Also not sure about what sounds like the truck doesn't have any oil in it when cold as it clatters really bad few a few seconds. Oh yea I hate not having a bed step to get into the bed.
Other than that I love everything about the interior.

Mason1217

Reaction score
Like going around the block to get next door lol. People have successfully swapped trailer to power fold on this forum. Kinda expensive to do but way less than the depreciation loss on a 2019 to 2019 swap. Must be more to the story here, surely can’t just be about something that could be changed out?? I know, I know, when they swap they still don’t 360 camera, but not having 360 camera wasn’t listed as part of the reason, it was strictly about power fold.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck. The Ford, and the GMs for that matter, are fine. They just don’t get me emotional the way the RAM did and still does.

Sometimes I go into the garage just to stare at it! Still do....and I’ve had it for over four months.. the Fords and GMs....meh...kinda boring. I feel no passion when I look at them. Just run of the mill really.

My dad has a F150, and it’s nice.. Don’t like it enough to want to buy one. My last truck was a 2015 Sierra..didn’t like it enough to join a forum! Or, obviously to keep it past 3 years and/or buy another one.

Something about these new RAMs..they’re different, unique.. they strike up certain emotions down deep inside! I’m obsessed! And mine is a Big Horn, not top of the line..still wouldn't trade it for a Denali, Lariat, a King Ranch...none of them.

That said, mine has power folding mirrors. I would be pissed too If I had to manually fold in my mirrors. Especially since the RAMs are a little wider as it is, plus add the additional width of the tow mirrors, I wouldn’t fit into my garage without folding them in.. even now, if I don’t pull in perfectly squared up, I have to fold them in..

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are some things I liked from the F150 I had over this Ram but not enough to trade back just yet.. Lol
I do however liked how solid everything felt on the Ford over my Ram,just closing the doors etc.

Now if I can get the rattle fixed in the floor board that I feel and the recalls taken care of,(Battery recall,Adj pedals) plus im getting all kinds of clicking noises etc from around the transfer case area when I start my truck.
Also not sure about what sounds like the truck doesn't have any oil in it when cold as it clatters really bad few a few seconds. Oh yea I hate not having a bed step to get into the bed.
Other than that I love everything about the interior.
FWIW, I feel your pain on the step, especially after stepping out of a 2017 Ford...They have the best tailgate/extender/step design IMO. I just added the OEM retractable step to my Ram this morning. Huge difference. Bolted up with 3 supplied bolts, easy to operate, and virtually disappears beneath drivers bed side.

kycruiser1

Reaction score
I really like my Limited so this was a difficult and hard decision, ..... and a expensive one, ....but the horse is well and truly dead ..........and gone. For me, this was the right thing to do.

View attachment 17579
Why didn't you just go to infotainment and get the tow mirror upgrade which has the folding option and everything you need to program the option for less than $1600. A lot less expensive than buying an outdated platform ford.

Users who are viewing this thread