5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Surround View Camera system

bobinwa

Reaction score
I read the owner's manual for the 2022 1500 and it says:
Trailer Surround View Camera kit is only available for vehicles equipped with the Surround View Camera system.

Set Up The Trailer Surround View Camera system includes an installation kit with a Trailer Surround View Module and four Trailer Surround View Cameras that must be installed on your trailer prior to connecting to your vehicle.

So if I order the 2022 1500 Limited with Level 1 package that has the Surround View Camera system, and order the Trailer Surround View Camera option for $1,095, then does this option include the 4 cameras to install on a trailer? Can't seem to get clarification on this from local dealers.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Trailer Surround View Camera kit is only available for vehicles equipped with the Surround View Camera system.

Set Up The Trailer Surround View Camera system includes an installation kit with a Trailer Surround View Module and four Trailer Surround View Cameras that must be installed on your trailer prior to connecting to your vehicle.

So if I order the 2022 1500 Limited with Level 1 package that has the Surround View Camera system, and order the Trailer Surround View Camera option for $1,095, then does this option include the 4 cameras to install on a trailer? Can't seem to get clarification on this from local dealers.
It says right there it comes with 4 cameras. Also confirmed by this video.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
I think this would be great, if we could buy this later on if it works with the Surround Vehicle Camera.

Ganny

Reaction score

I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie that came with the trailer surround kit and tow mode cameras. They work great. I do not have surround view on the truck though and I’m wondering if it can be added. I have rear view camera mirror, cargo camera and backup camera. No side or front mirrors. The other odd thing I’d like some feed back on is that I have 2 12 pin connectors for the surround camera. One on the bumper and one in the box for 5th wheel however there is no wiring to the 12 pin on the bumper. Should they both work or did they move the bumper harness to the 5th wheel harness

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if it can be added later, but I have it and can verify that all four cameras did come with the truck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie that came with the trailer surround kit and tow mode cameras. They work great. I do not have surround view on the truck though and I’m wondering if it can be added. I have rear view camera mirror, cargo camera and backup camera. No side or front mirrors. The other odd thing I’d like some feed back on is that I have 2 12 pin connectors for the surround camera. One on the bumper and one in the box for 5th wheel however there is no wiring to the 12 pin on the bumper. Should they both work or did they move the bumper harness to the 5th wheel harness

Lots of good info regarding this on Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Only one 12-pin camera connector is plugged in at a time, there is no "Y" on the cable. Just move the connector behind the bumper to the one you need to use. Theory is that they did it to prevent noise induction (open wire would act like an antenna.)

Trucks equipped with 360° automatically get the bumper connectors. If the truck doesn't have 360° and the sales code for the trailer surround is added, it will be there. I thought truck 360° was a prereq but maybe they changed it for 22 or I'm misremembering.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This would be some kind of unicorn if your truck has the trailer surround view kit, but not surround view on the truck. Can you post a pic of your “controls” menu under “vehicle” in the radio?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This would be some kind of unicorn if your truck has the trailer surround view kit, but not surround view on the truck. Can you post a pic of your “controls” menu under “vehicle” in the radio?
Doesn't trailer surround use the same CVPM?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't trailer surround use the same CVPM?
No, it uses it’s own CVPM. The trailer surround CVPM uses the same camera input on the radio as AUX 1 trailer camera. The reason I’m questioning a truck equipped with trailer surround, but not truck surround, is because in playing around with some BCM configurations, I’ve found that when truck surround view is not configured and trailer camera is, AUX 1 and AUX 2 camera soft keys show up.
When truck surround view is configured along with trailer camera, AUX 2 camera soft key still shows up, but the trailer surround view soft key shows up in place of AUX 1.

Ganny

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. I will go out in a while a get a photo of the controls menu. But can definitely confirm that I don’t have surround view on my truck but surround view does show up when the trailer controller is plugged in and I hit the camera Aux button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online