5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer plug repair.

RBurr

Reaction score
I have a 2022 1500 with the factory trailer plug and brake control. The trailer plug is held in by a metal clip that is seated against a plastic lip or "boss" . For the 2nd time now that plastic "boss" has broken and now the trailer plug is just hanging out and laying on the bumper. The 1st time it happened the truck was in warranty and I believe they had to replace part of the bumper. The truck is no longer in warranty, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what your fix was.

Thanks

The first time I disconnected my trailer it was obvious to me the connector attachment was not very strong. My fix was to push in on the truck connection with one hand while pulling the trailer connection free with the other hand.

The first time I disconnected my trailer it was obvious to me the connector attachment was not very strong. My fix was to push in on the truck connection with one hand while pulling the trailer connection free with the other hand.

Thats what I also do, but this time I found the plug pulled out after towing a trailer. I'm trying to figure a way to fix it without having to remove or replace the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back