5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer brake Control switch being installed tomorrow...$200 otd,(inc's flash)

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got quoted $700 from Quirk Jeep/Ram , and $730! from Good Bro's both in MA...called the actual dealership I bought from, Premier RAM in Cape Cod, (it's 60 miles away, so I tried the 2 other closer dealers first), their price?....$150 labor, and $50 to flash. The labor rate is reduced from $140 p/h to $100 p/h because I bought from them, so they are charging 1.5 hours for labor. I'd like to shove the work invoice in the face of those other 2 dealers when I'm done tomorrow. I was ready to do it myself, but for $200 OTD, I'll let dealer do it, and the back up camera recall flash while they are at it. Can you imagine dealers wanting 5 hours labor for this!! crooks...grrrr....

Konrad

Reaction score
Guess I'd be fine with $200, too.

Just for the record (and for those shameless crooks charging $700+), with a Phillips screwdriver, plastic trim wedge and AlfaOBD app it took me exactly 57 minutes to install and activate the thing. Doing it for the first time in my life and not knowing the truck at all. That included about 15 minutes wasted on freeing the connectors from the harness tape under the dash without a good knife LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread